General Area in 30132>Question Details

L, Both Buyer and Seller in 30132

I have a fence that I believe from the plat info from the county is on my property. What should I do?

Asked by L, 30132 Mon Jun 16, 2008

The fence surrounds a retention pond next to my lot.

Help the community by answering this question:


Survey and file complaint with your local ordinance if found to be encroaching on your property.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 7, 2012

A Survey is the only way to know for sure.

If it is blocking a retention pond then you may want to check with your HOA and see if it's owned by the community.

This is one of the reasons to always get a survey on the property when you buy it. You can eliminate these problems before they become yours.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 21, 2008
Get a survey and consult an attorney. Try calling David Barrett with the Fryer Law Firm; he is an excellent resource and deals with encroachments and/or survey issues all the time. 404.978.9233.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 16, 2008
In order to know for sure if the fence is on your property have a survey done.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 16, 2008

Fill us in on what you would like to do and we might be able to help you more. Does the fence bother you and you want to remove it, does someone else "own" it, etc.

Plats are fairly generic and without knowing exactly where the property lines are, are fairly useless for this sort of situation. I would bite the bullet and hire a surveyor to mark the property lines for you so you can know for sure.

Cameron Piper
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 16, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer