Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

York : Real Estate Advice

  • All225
  • Local Info28
  • Home Buying60
  • Home Selling19
  • Market Conditions8

Activity 171
Tue May 20, 2014
Elysia Diaz answered:
Hi there,

Good question! I would scroll down to the bottom of that listing page and click in the box where you can email the listing agent. The listing agent would easily have that info ready for you. If you're already working with an agent, give them a call. In fact, any local Realtor in your area would be more than willing to help! Most condos do have HOA fees, actually I don't know of any that don't.

Good luck in your search.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon May 12, 2014
mew65 asked:
Tue Mar 4, 2014
John Wiga answered:
1870 Deerfield Dr, Dover Pa. One level townhome for $1175 a month.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 26, 2014
Rob Everly answered:
To answer that question I would need to ask you more questions, like......
what are you looking for in a home, yard, garage, # of bedrooms and bathrooms, do you have children and or pets, style of home, rancher, 3 story, split level, etc. would you like to be in the city, the country or in a development?
what is your budget?
how soon do you want to move, do we have time to look for exactly what you need?
if you have any other questions or would like me to show you any properties please feel free to contact me by phone at 717.718.8526 or email at
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Feb 8, 2014
April answered:
We live in York, and were told Dallastown was the best school district. We bought a home in the district because of that very reason ... To be honest, we are NOT impressed!
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 29, 2014
Russ Malehorn answered:
If you're in York County, call Mike Laucks at 717-577-6968 or Bill Tull at 717-424-0438 and get a pre-approval, that will tell you if it or anything else in on your credit report that would prevent you, from getting a mortgage. If your not in York they could probably help you too. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 28, 2014
Russ Malehorn answered:
That's a ditto on not knowing what property your talking about.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 28, 2014
Russ Malehorn answered:
I don't know about the rest of Pa but in York County there are School taxes, County Taxes, and Municipal taxes, taxes when you buy and taxes when you sell. We just love taxes. They are different for all Counties and the municipal taxes are different in each municipality. You can google R/E taxes or Transfer Taxes for each specific county or municipality for more detailed info, or if your buying in York County, just contact me.
Now if your comparing taxes from one state to another. Remember our sales tax is only 6%. Factor that in when your comparison shopping the overall tax picture.
Hope that helps. Russ
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 28, 2014
Heather Aughenbaugh answered:
This depends on the details and severity of your credit scores. We have a credit repair department that can look over your credit history and put you on the right path to repairing your credit.
The fee for this service varies, but when your credit is repaired, you receive the fee back at settlement. This service sets you up for success! Please feel free so contact me and I can get you in touch with our repair department and they can also guide me as to when the time is right to find you a home in the York area. Heather 717-586-6966.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 23, 2014
Donna Moyer answered:
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 21, 2014
Kenneth Gerrick answered:
This location is a Condo in Longstown Village! Properties are very nice and a nice location.
HOA is a Home Owners Assocication where all the amenities are paid for by the owners for $375.00
per month. You are paying for a Lifestyle! HOA fee consists for, grass cutting, snow removable some
insurance, community lake, pavilion for parties etc.
There are many other locations with same type of Condos with a lower HOA fee with less amenities.
Check with a Realtor and preview other locations. Ken Gerrick 717 880-9450
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jan 17, 2014
Kenneth Gerrick answered:
All Realtors from York can assist you and are very knowledgeable of the area. York is a Great Place!
You'll love it here. Go to my web site: and you can get a lot of help. If you have more question on our area, please call me. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 8, 2014
Janet asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 10, 2013
Christopher Jordahl answered:
Hi Amy
Contact Chris Mckinney at Integrity bank, Tell him I reffered you.He will point you in the right direction if he is not able to get you approved. He is a great person. You will not be dissapointed.
Best of luck to you
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 24, 2013
Edith Karoline Jasser answered:
By law Realtors are not allowed to give details to crime in one area or neighborhood, and the same goes for good schools etc., safety etc., the reason is that by law the personal opinion of a Realtor could be understood to be steering, which is against the law.... What Realtors can do is guide clients to the appropriate website in their area, where they can get information about the schools, school report cards, neighborhood and town information and also crime statistics... As a buyer you really need to do your own due diligence to make sure that an area, town, suburbs or neighborhood meets with your likes and is right for you and your family.

I always also suggest to my buyers, to drive themselves through the neighborhoods at different times of the day, a different days of the week to get a better feeling for an area if they have not lived close by before. As a buyer worried about safety a short trip to the nearest police station gets you good information there...

Hope this helps, many of the above website you can find by just using google search.
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties Brokerage, 30 Green Bay Road, Winnetka, Illinois 60093
Check out my website at htttp://
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 24, 2013
Lee Trite Garlin Tom Garlin answered:
I contacted a lender partner about your question and here is his response.

Unfortunately, we are not aware of any lenders who would exclude the payment history on an investment property when extending new credit. When a lender extends credit they have to take into consideration the entire picture. In addition, the credit score may be reflective of a mortgage in recent foreclosure status therefore possibly limiting the borrower from obtaining a loan based on credit score alone.

They would have to wait 3 years from the foreclosure deed transfer date to obtain a new loan.

Sorry I didn't have better news.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 9, 2013
Cynthia Beatty answered:
Sam's club is located about 5 miles from this property on East Market St. There are a number of grocery stores in the area within a few miles of the property. There is also a BJ's within a few miles. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 9, 2013
Sharon Harris answered:
Plenty of shopping within a few miles. Including 2 malls , strip shopping, Sams club is 4 1/2 miles away. Tons of restaurants and what ever else you need.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 7, 2013
Cynthia Beatty answered:
No, you should not have a higher interest rate but you will have monthly condo fees. There are some other things you should know about condo vs detached home buying, so give me a call at 717-309-2913 or email me at and I can give you details. ... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 6, 2013
Brett Rager answered:
I looked up the address you provided. The address is a singe family home. If you can give me a call at 717-542-9153 we may be able to get figure out where we are crossing signals. Give me a call or send me an email I will send you all the info that is available.

Brett Rager
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search Advice