Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Wyandotte County : Real Estate Advice

  • All2
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 47
Mon May 15, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Based on your reply below, the issue is you are self employed now. You need to understand that if you were employed with a company and receive a W2 (regular salary), lenders can easily verify your income and only need 1 month of paystubs or a letter from the employer.

Workers who are self employed, independent contractors, commission paid or receive a 1099, lenders cannot verify your income easily. Lenders need a 2 year work history + 2 years tax returns so they can average out your income and arrive at an estimated annual income.

Since you are self employed, you will need to wait the 2 years. No lender will give you a loan even with a co signer. You will also need cash to pay for closing costs. Income from foreign countries can count but in your situation, it makes no difference because of your self employment now.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 20, 2017
Amy Dorthy asked:
i have been working on my credit score i have been living in housing for 5 years now. I have 4 kids. I know that my score is 517 with trans-union and equifax is 524. is my best option a…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 22, 2016
equalme asked:
Anybody familiar with Maderos Property LLC?

I'm looking at a property that was built by Maderos Property. They tore down the original, very old/worn home, and built a brand new…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 12, 2016
Aranzamarron asked:
I need to know if you have spanish speaker agents cause im interested in a rent to own with a low credit thanks
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 7, 2016
I was preapproved by Cornerstone mortgage with a credit score of 685 but I couldn't find a home within the 90 days which made my credit score and my preapproval letter expire on March…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 26, 2016
Brittneys913 asked:
Looking for ideas on where to look for first time home buyer programs and mortgage loans that will help someone with a 570-600 credit score that is rebuilding credit. Or would it make more…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 11, 2016
Jessy24kc asked:
Sat Feb 21, 2015
Taiasha Nichols answered:
The NACA program does not look at credit scores but looks at three tradelines ie; credit cards, car payment, electric bills. I am a Realtor with T Nick Real Estate. My name is Taiasha Nichols. You can call me at 816-728-0966 for more details...I have sent multiple people through this program and it works. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 8, 2014
Jennie Murphy answered:
Buy from and investor and do a lease to own or owner financing !!!

Jennie Murphy
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 23, 2014
Brian Turner answered:
FHA has a no credit score program.. Give me a call
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 7, 2014
Lori Jo Smith answered:
A great relationship you need to develop is with a local lender. Ask for recommedations and give several lenders a call to ask about your options. You are not obligated to a lender just because you call them. If they are pushy, just say no to them. You should never work with someone who makes you feel obligated. Be firm and direct and seek out the person you feel confident with after interviewing several people. It may help to be up front and say you are interviewing 3-5 people before decising on anyone lender. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 24, 2014
Richard Berry answered:
There's also a program called the Kansas Bond Program. It is a grant from the state of Kansas for first-time home buyers. They will cover up to 4% of the house cost for down payment. Up to .5% of that money can be used for closing costs. To have the cost totally forgiven, you have to live in the property for 5 years. Other limits apply, but that would be best covered with your loan agent.

If you need a great loan person, call Marianne Roper, HomeBridge Financial Services. 913-553-5905. Tell her I sent you.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 22, 2014
Ken Schmidt answered:
Hello Collette,

According to a quick web check, Lake Of The Forest is a 40 acre lake and the HOA dues generally run ~$2000 annually. That area falls within the Heartland MLS area, of which I am not a member, but any reputable agent in the Lenexa or Shawnee area will be happy to further answer your questions. The LOTF website is:

Good luck!

-Ken Schmidt
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Nov 30, 2013
Robert Baker answered:
Check with your Realtor on this questions, they will be your best resource.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 30, 2013
Kay Towner answered:
You should talk with a loan officer. There are a lot of variables. Sometimes your credit isn't as bad as you think and it depends on your funds.

Good Luck

If I can help my number is 913-980-9335 or email ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
You have very limited options, - one actually - renting - this is possible with the right landlord.

Run in the opposite direction from any idea of "rent to own" - I won't take up space now telling you about all the dangers lurking for you (or anyone) in that arrangement .

You will not be approved for a loan, so buying is out of the question for the time being.
Truthfully, until you get your finances straightened out, you shouldn't even think of taking on more debt at this time(even if a seller were willing to offer you financing)

You need to concentrate on finding a landlord (not a management company, but it can't hurt to try) who will be sympathetic to your plight and happy to hear your jobs/incomes are stable.

If you work with an agent, they can help you find that landlord, and perhaps suggest ways you can offer him or her piece of mind in renting to you under the current circumstances. Maybe some upfront additional rent if it's allowed in your state (NJ doesn't allow that above 1.5 months rent). A letter explaining your situation might also prove useful. Personal references may come in handy, too.

May we assume you have money for the security deposit and any additional required deposits/upfront rent? If you don't, then you really need to sit down with an agent and try to figure it out.

Best wishes...........
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri May 17, 2013
Tim Moore answered:
NOPE, seller is to pay off all liens before title can transfer. The exception is a foreclosure auction where the winning buyer buys house and any liens as well.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Trevor Curran answered:
Good morning Luis,

Who is telling you that you can't qualify for a mortgage loan? Is it a regular depository bank or a Mortgage Banker?

If you have not spoken with a Local Mortgage Banker, that's the person you need to sit with to be properly Prequalified. You'll find a much more sincere attitude---and typically better experience level---from a Mortgage Banker in helping you become a homeowner. And if you are truly not qualified at this time, the Mortgage Banker can guide you on the steps you need to take to become a homeowner in the future.

Trevor Curran
NMLS #40140
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
185 Great Neck Rd, Suite 240
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 16, 2013
Allison Rank answered:
Every lender has there own requirements. Please contact us and we can get you in touch with a lender that fits your situation.

Allison Purcell
Th Purcell Team
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice
Home Buying in Popular Cities in Wyandotte County