Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Wisconsin Rapids : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 8
Tommie Mann, Real Estate Pro in Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Fri May 10, 2013
Tommie Mann answered:
Have you been working with any agents? Do you have a buyer agency with any other agent? If the answer is NO, please call me at 715-213-3123 and I will set up a showing at the home for you. Thanks. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Phil Rotondo, Real Estate Pro in Melbourne, FL
Wed May 8, 2013
Phil Rotondo answered:
You can list a fsbo; but if you want to sell it you should contact a real estate agent.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
movinup2012, Home Buyer in Minocqua, WI
Mon Mar 12, 2012
movinup2012 answered:
I currently have a 4 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath for sale in the WI Rapids area. Email for more info.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Shane Milne, Real Estate Pro in South Jordan, UT
Sun Oct 9, 2011
Shane Milne answered:
You could use a rehab/model mortgage like FHA's 203(k) or Fannie Mae's HomeStyle Renovation loan program. Generally they will use the purchase price + cost of improvements as the basis for your down payment percentage, so you can finance most of the improvements/rehab costs into the new loan.

Info on FHA's 203(k) rehab loan:
Fannie Mae's HomeStyle Renovation loan program is similar, but not as many lenders offer it.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Lurker0202, Home Buyer in 54494
Tue May 3, 2011
Lurker0202 answered:
Hello, I live in this area and this town is safe to visit. And Amie is correct, just speeding in a work zone and jay walking. =)
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Lew Corcoran, Real Estate Pro in Easton, MA
Sun Oct 25, 2009
Lew Corcoran answered:
Yes, you can get another mortgage after a foreclosure, but you have to wait at least 3 years from the date of foreclosure.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Fri Jun 20, 2008
Don Tepper answered:
I'm not a lawyer, so this isn't legal advice.

However, I specialize in lease-to-owns (or rent-to-owns, or lease-options, or lease-purchases) and I've never heard of a "land loan" or a "lease loan." In different parts of the country, similar structures may be called "contract for deed." (There are differences; see: ).

All of these involve making payments to the owner and, at some point in the process, receiving the deed to the property.

There's also a similar way to accomplish the same end result using a land trust.

However, I have never heard of either a "land loan" or a "lease loan."

As far as getting grants, no. There aren't grants, in the usual sense, for homebuyers. There are a number of first-time purchaser programs. Some are promoted by lenders. In other cases, cities or counties will sponsor them. But they aren't grants.

Similarly there are a number of programs--AmeriDream and Nehemiah--that are down payment assistance programs. AmeriDream is at Nehemiah is at But there not grants.

If you want to buy conventionally (getting a mortgage up front), talk to a good mortgage broker to find out what programs you might qualify for. If you want to do a lease-option, that's fine, too.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Wisconsin Rapids Zip Codes