Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Winchendon : Real Estate Advice

  • All7
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 6
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Barbara Van Slett answered:
Definitely make a visit to the town's building department. The driveway must meet all zoning bylaws and regulations such as side setbacks, etc. If you have to remove curbing, you will have to get an approval. You will need a permit. If buying the house depends on putting in a driveway, you should find out now if you can do it rather than later. ... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Gerry Davignon answered:
Age is not a factor when purchasing a home. It is illegal for any company to consider age in qualifying you for a home. Credit and income is a major factor in how you qualify. You want to find a license Loan Originator that can tell you what documents and info is required and get pre-approved for a mortgage. That is they will review your income, assets, liabilities, credit and application information to see what loan program(s) you qualify for and how much of a mortgage you can get approved for. Then if pre-approved, you will receive a pre-approval letter that will state what you are approved for. Sellers and seller's agents will require this letter to show you properties that are for sale. Good luck in your home search!

Gerry Davignon
Top Flite Financial, Inc.
Sr. Mortgage Consultant
South End bridge Circle, Unit 1
Agawam, MA 01001
Office: (413) 241-6940 Ext. 104
Cell: (413) 693-6904
Fax: (866) 645-7770
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Kurt Thompson answered:
I agree with Sarah! It never hurts to ask, as long as the request is within reason. Negotiability is more a factor of the seller's needs and motivation than the market value of the property. That said, be aware that you are moving quickly into a stronger Seller's market so move quickly. :) ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 17, 2009
Angela Dolber answered:
Hi Denise,

I am a realtor, but not in your area of Winchendon. On our MLS, there are 3 properties that are for rent in Winchendon, with 2 for sale as well. There is a townhouse for rent for $950/mo on 11 Town Farm Rd, Unit 1 through Morin Real Estate listed by Teresa Lupien. Office number is 978-297-0961. This says it isn't for sale. Then there are 2 single family homes: 287 Spring St is renting for $1200/mo and is also for sale. It is through Keller Williams Realty listed by Penny Maliska at 978-840-9000. The other is a huge home on 61 Weller St for $1750/mo. Again it says it is for sale as well. This is listed through Sharon Cerny, who also owns the home. Contact her at 617-538-5519. Hope this helps! You can also look online at websites like for rentals/houses for sale. Good luck!

Angela Dolber
Prudential Prime Properties
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 10, 2008
James L. Jones answered:
I have a listing currently that has a shared driveway between two properties that since the original sales have been owned separately. By the way neither current owner wants responsibility for maintenance. Boundary disputes are not uncommon.

County records wil clearly state the boundaries of each property and as Melissa pointed out a survey is the best way to get a clear understanding of exactly what those boundaries are. A deed specifying that the property line "...commencing at the northeast corner of said northeast quarter, thence south along the westerly line thereof, 1176.16 feet and thence south 89 degrees east, a distance of..." while completely accurate leaves most people scratching their heads.

Many county web sites include maps and diagrams of properties by owner, address or Parcel ID. In many cases (more metropolitan areas) these can even be displayed with satellite imagery as the background allowing for a clear visual of the driveway and where the property line falls in relation to that driveway. These sites are normally reasonably intuitive to use but if you have issues or are still confused, a personal visit to your county auditor's office (the name will change based on the task assignments in your particular jurisdiction), a request for assistance from your friendly clerk and you should walk out with an answer.

If you are just curious, this should suffice. If there is a dispute, get legal advice from an attorney. A survey will be your definitive answer, good, bad or otherwise.

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Winchendon Zip Codes