Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Whitley County : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Thu Jan 29, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
Keep doing what you're doing and skip Rent to Own. If you need to relocate, find the cheapest possible rental and use the money you save to either pay off old bills or save for down payment.
Rent to owns are rare and more often a scam than a real benefit for the renter/buyer. Don't waste your time.
Find a lender who can assist you with credit repair. If you are in the low 600's you're close to getting approved. Some RapidRescore may be all you need to be able to buy.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Sep 27, 2013
Angela GrableGarcia answered:
I know of one that will be for sale next spring, sellers may be willing to sell before then though if you are very interested. It is a 2 bedroom with full finished walk out basement. Will be listed around 215k. You can email me at if you are interested :) ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 2, 2013
Sally Grenier answered:
It's not new construction -- it's basically a "used" house if you want to think of it that way. Most homes on the market are resale homes. Although the builders are starting to build again and you might be able to find new homes in your area.

As far as "what's needed" -- same thing as with any house. You need to first talk to a lender to get prequalified for a mortgage (unless you're paying cash). The lender will look at debt to income ratio, credit score, job history, savings, etc. Once you find a house and put a contract on it, it's still the same process as buying new. You'll want to get it inspected, you'll need an appraisal, etc.
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 31, 2013
John Walin answered:
Tue Jan 27, 2009
Mark Skibowski Team answered:
Kim~ good advice from an attorney. Take along any documentation you have with respect to the purchase~ contract, copy of the cancelled check(s) or electronic payments. Sooner rather than later. An attorney can advise you with respect to any wrongdoing/misrepresentation or lack therof by the seller along with recommending a course of action for you. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Popular Cities in Whitley County