Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

West Haven : Real Estate Advice

  • All70
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying34
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 51
Tue Aug 23, 2016
Danny Williams answered:
it all depends. do u have any kids?
if so there is a good chance that section8 will pay all of it
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 11, 2016
Angelica P answered:

At this time, unfortunately, we currently do not have listings for rent to own homes. You may try your luck though and search our website using the Keyword section of the search filter which can be found in the All Filters button. However, these listings are extremely rare.

Please follow these steps to begin your home search:

1. Click the "Rent' tab at the top of our homepage.
2. Enter your desired city and state in the search bar and hit Enter.
3. Click 'Max Price' to select what your highest price would be to pay for a home. Click 'Min Price' to set the lowest price you would pay.
4. Click 'More Filters'.
5. Select your preferred property type, square footage, etc.
6. Click the red 'Apply' button.

This will begin to pull up listings that are more tailored to what you are looking for.

If you are interested in a listing, click on the "Contact the agent" button to get in touch with a real estate professional in your area. You can also take advantage of our vast network of agents here:

We hope your experience with Trulia is memorable and thank you for using Trulia for all your real estate needs.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 27, 2016
V_still2014 asked:
Mon Feb 23, 2015
Martin Howlett asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 24, 2014
karen majors asked:
This question was asked from…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 22, 2014
Chrystyne Turbert asked:
Mon Mar 17, 2014
carrotlove answered:
Not too far from the Hurricane Sandy flooding, which came up Peck Avenue. Some of the houses in the area are being bought by the USDA and/or FEMA (public records - P&Z department of City Hall can fill you in.) You'll need flood insurance. ... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 25, 2014
Daniel D. Thomas answered:
Hi Liz, it may be possible for you to buy, but it will depend on what exactly is currently on your credit. Do you have any recent missed payments? How about any active collection accounts? Typically after foreclosure there is a 6-7 year waiting period, however, there are a few portfolio lenders that maybe willing to assist you if you have other favorable circumstances. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 21, 2014
Tim Moore answered:
These website have absolutely nothing to do with any property listed here on the site. These sites just show listings sent to them and to do anything with the property you must contact an agent in the area of the property to move forward with buying or renting. The website has nothing at all to do with buying, selling, renting or making loans. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Dec 26, 2013
John Reeves answered:
I guess it would range from $900 to $1,100 / Month
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Dec 26, 2013
Dorene Ekman asked:
moving to Fairfield ,Ct.because the apt was $1350. And wouldn't you know it.I passed out in my bathroom.Fractured my ankle and broke my toe.To this day I can't fit in the same shoes.My worker…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 1, 2013
Violette Gallagher answered:
When you have a chance please call me I do have an academic rental in West Haven for nine months possibly still available, thats what it sounds like.

Gallagher & Miras Real Estate, LLC
Violette Gallagher
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 20, 2013
Jessica Tracy answered:
They can rent with their section 8 voucher. They would need a recommendation from her worker to buy a house through the section 8 program. I would have them speak with their worker about it to get more information and have them submit them into the program.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 28, 2013
Darrell Hardy answered:
The best way to accomplish that is to contact a local lender regarding the CHFA DAP loan program. This program offered by the Connecticut Housing & Finance Administration has income and asset criteria that you must meet in order to be eligible. This of course is if you are in Connecticut but NJ and other states may offer something similar as a community lending program. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 3, 2013
Tara Stirk answered:
Oh I wish I had a crystal ball for real estate! It is so hard to say where we are going to be in the market in the next year, 5 years, 10 years. I can tell you that the addition of the new train station that is being built on Sawmill Road between Hood Terrace and Railroad Avenue will help West Haven. Many people who work in NYC are always looking for towns where they can catch the train. Taxes are not cheap in West Haven so you are correct on the high taxes. If you are looking for cheaper taxes Shelton is a great town with much lower taxes. Please do not hesitate to call or write if you have any more questions. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Shawn Reed answered:
I can try to help you find one.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 26, 2012
redbow6 answered:
I will give him a call Monday! Thanks so much for the advice and guidance ! Look forward to hearing what he has to say.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice
West Haven Zip Codes