Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

West Baton Rouge County : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 12
Mon Nov 23, 2015
Jamie Carter answered:
Sugar Mills apts in Addis is probably what you are looking for. They have 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. You can have pets with a deposit. They have a pool and a gym for tenants as well as a computer room. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 8, 2015
My NC Homes Team answered:
You can't do anything, but your agent can. The MLS your home is listed in may or may not send listings to Trulia, many do not as they have discovered Trulia and Zillow's terms are not acceptable to their Realtor members. Your agent can list the home here for free regardless of whether the MLS works with Trulia or not. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 21, 2014
kyshone37 asked:
Wed Feb 12, 2014
Kabila Endale asked:
Sun Sep 15, 2013
Tracey Distefano answered:
Sun Jun 30, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
What do you care?
Your Title Company will ensure the clear title, and what the Sellers do with the money is between them and the IRS.
In addition; they are paying for your Buyer's Agent. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Consider working with an agent of your own who can inquire in your behalf. Keep in mind that rent to own can be risky and one could stand to lose a bit of money, therefore do inform yourself well, and consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate beforehand. If you haven't done so yet, visit with any licensed loan officer, see if you can buy outright... ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 2, 2012
Shane Warren answered:

I seem to be arriving late in the conversation, but my name is Shane Warren and I am a licensed Real Estate Agent with Keller Williams Redstick Partners here in Baton Rouge. You have been given some good advice from various persons on this post. I would welcome the opportunity to help you through this process. There are many steps involved in purchasing a house and a realtors responsibility to his/her client (you) is to help them meander through all that is required.

This is not something I would recommend going into alone. A licensed real estate agent can be a huge asset. You need a person on your side who is a trained professional who will look out for your best interests and negotiate on your behalf, someone whom you can trust and who will be loyal to you. And, although you may know this I will mention it anyway, it won't cost you any money as a buyer to enter into an agreement with a realtor to represent you. Realtors commissions are paid by the seller not by the buyer.

If you have not secured a real estate agent to represent you in your endeavor to purchase your home, please contact me at the number below. It would be a sincere privilege to help you buy your first home. We have in house lenders in our office who can pre-qualify you and tell you your buying power so you will know where to start your search. I will walk with you step by step through the entire process. I welcome the opportunity to serve you.

Kindest Regards,

Shane Warren
Keller Williams Redstick Partners
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 10, 2012
Patricia asked:
Sat Mar 10, 2012
Patricia asked:
Tue Feb 9, 2010
Dianne Hicks answered:
Yes, it is.I I wrote a blog and there is a link with all detail relating to qualifying, terms and conditions. Here it is in case you are interested.

Good Luck!
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon May 25, 2009
Dana Schuster answered:
if you are doing a lease purchase you are agreeing to buy. here are the basics
1.You put down a non refundable deposit(usually 10%,but negotiable)
2.You agree to lease the house for a specified time(usually 2 yrs,but agina negotiable)at a price that is above market rent
3your deposit and extra funds are placed into an escrow account to build up yur down payment
4. At the end of the lease period yu go to a lender and get financing
5. if you do not go through with the purchase,you forfeit your escrow funds.. and the house can be put back on the market

if you are thinking about going this route,I urge you to work with a local agent who can look out for your best interests.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Popular Cities in West Baton Rouge County