Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

22980 : Real Estate Advice

  • All19
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 11
Thu Aug 25, 2016
Pvw1999 asked:
Mon Apr 25, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
What are you referring to specifically? If buyer is trying to terminate the transaction, due to inability to get loan approval...then yes, it's entirely reasonable for the seller and listing agent to ask for proof from Buyer's lender that that is the case. Buyer and seller have entered into a legally binding contract. The seller is taking a risk by accepting a buyer's offer, and essentially taking the property off the market while buyer does their due diligence. If buyer terminates, there needs to be a good reason. If buyer is just having cold feet, and it's not due to loan issues, I'd say seller should keep the earnest money. By the way, you really need to be asking your agent this question. ... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 25, 2016
Amelia Robinette answered:
sure you can buy a house at any price you can negotiate with the seller. you won't be able to get a purchase mortgage loan for more than that sales price.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jan 22, 2016
Amelia Robinette answered:
your estate attorney should be able to help you with could also hire an appraiser to create an appraisal report. as long as the condition of the home hasn't deteriorated since TOD, you should be able to get a retro-value.

now if someone has trashed the place since then, it will be difficult to determine.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 23, 2015
Aaron and Cheree Tiry answered:
Have you checked out the "rent" section at the top of Trulia? There may be something in there. Otherwise you could also check to see what they have for posted for rentals. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 22, 2015
Frances Johnston Rudin asked:
My trailer is in need of serious work and I am selling it. I need a place asap that will accept pet and not much more than 600 @month
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 14, 2015
Noah Seidenberg answered:
It can't be done. Section 8 is subsidized by the government. You have to make below a certain income to qualify for section 8.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 10, 2015
Tim Moore answered:
Go to the listing - find the link named MORE, under it is a drop down menu with FLAG - Click it

Also - Never Ever send money = those are scams
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Apr 7, 2012
Ed answered:
Call the local county assessor's office for that area, they generaly have all the figures and tax rates.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 15, 2011
Nancy Boyers answered:
I have read the answers which you have received and agree. You do need to have your agent do the Absorption Rate for you so you can see where you are positioned. I would suggest to have your agent take you to look at some of your competition so you can do a physical observation and you will see what other buyers are comparing. One of my real estate instructors stated that if you want to get the attention of the general public, you need to do a 5% price reduction. Thanks, Nancy ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice