1. Get new agent
2. Remove any credits that you may have asked the seller to debit
3. Propose a higher down payment
4. Provide proof of your down payment
5. provide a pre-approval letter
6. Propose to purchase "as-is"
Reasons for a short sale delay:
-the listing agent may not be experienced in short sales
-the seller may have multiple liens attached to the property
-the listing agent is not communicating enough with the sellers bank
-the sellers may be near foreclosure
-the sellers may want to keep the home & may be working out a plan with the bank
-BEWARE!! some distressed sellers are attempting to re-purchase their home in a short sale with someone elses credit (that may be fraud), and delay the sale until the sellers finds a canidate (usually family or friends).
Do not get disappointed if your dream home is a short sale...just make sure you have an experienced agent.