Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

In My Neighborhood in Waterloo : Real Estate Advice

  • All28
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying12
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 1
Sun Nov 10, 2013
Fred Herman answered:
As a tenant, your daughter has a reasonable expectation of habitability which includes not only an apartment in good condition, but also privacy and safety/security.

Hopefully, your daughter has documented request to fix/repair defective items/problems.

if the break-ins were due in whole or part to the building not being properly secured, i.e. the entrance door lock is chronically not working and therefore not preventing unauthorized access, the landlord can/may be held responsible for the loss/damage your daughter sustained.

if possible, your daughter should move out. also she should contact a lawyer.

good luck
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
In My Neighborhood in Waterloo Zip Codes