Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in Washington : Real Estate Advice

  • All969
  • Local Info39
  • Home Buying269
  • Home Selling29
  • Market Conditions21

Activity 6
Fri Mar 6, 2015
Jackie and Barb Pepoon, ABR,CRS,GRI answered:
1. List your wishes- how do you want to utilize the space
2. Nail the budget- come up with a number you won't lose sleep over
3. Hire an owner's rep- someone that designs/does the building process
4. Get a scaled plan
5. Get secured permits
6. Check with insurance agent
7. Order everything
8. Paint/Flooring and then add in appliances etc.
9. Finishing touches
10. Reappraise your home
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue May 20, 2014
Odrisso1 answered:
Uff..this is too hot.Hot Water Systems Repair & Tank Replacement – Fast Service – No Hot Price Tag!
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 29, 2013
Lanre Folayan answered:
Hello Uncaduke,

How are you doing? Hope all is well. I know you asked this question a little over two years ago. However just in case you or know anyone who is talking about buying or selling a house in Columbia Heights/Mt.Pleasant, please check out his Columbia Heights/Mt.Pleasant Real Estate Market Report ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 15, 2013
Wemmy Collins answered:
It is a terrific idea especially if there is limited outdoor space. Most potential buyers would appreciate it.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 29, 2011
John Walin answered:
Like others, I cant guess at the price you ask for, but can tell you there are two matters here. One is to stop the water entry, and to repair the damage. You need two estimates! duct work, plumbing, drywall and electrical contractors should inspect the damage.
good luck!
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice