Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Credit Score in Warren County : Real Estate Advice

  • All1
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 1
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Christina Hayes answered:
Hello Tracy. Do you have proof of the agreement you made with Regions Bank? Do you have proof of all the payments you have made to date reflecting the dates of the payment(s) made to Regions? If so, type a letter stating so to all three credit reporting agencies. (Experian, Equifax, and Trans Union) providing them the copy of the agreement and the copies of all payments made to date. The credit reporting agencies should make the proper changes to the account reflecting the on time payments. Now how is this account actually being reported? In other words what is the description that is under the listed account, some may show sold for less than owed, etc. If you have copies of the agreement made with Regions it isn't legal what they are doing and are in violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Under the FCRA Section 623. Under this section furnishers of information such as Regions have certain responsibilities when reporting information to the Consumer Reporting Agencies. Go online and look up FCRA Section 623 and familiarize yourself with this law. As your letter will reference this law. Be sure to send your letter to Regions Administrative Office via Certified Mail with Return Receipt. This should get their attention. If they still refuse to correct the information you do have the right to sue them under this Act. Now this will only work if you do have proper record keeping. Meaning you have a signed agreement with your payment arrangements and proof of all of your on-time payments. I am not an attorney. I hope this information helps you correct your credit. Best of Luck. Christina Solorzano of Everlasting Credit Repair. ... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice