Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Walworth County : Real Estate Advice

  • All4
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 6
Sat Nov 19, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
You need to address this with their REALTOR. Their agent will take new photos and upload them into the MLS. And within a day or two, that listing will be syndicated to real estate websites like this one, Zillow,, etc. Or the agent can manually enter it if their MLS doesn't syndicate here. If they're trying to sell by owner...they can list it on Zillow, and it will eventually show up here. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 20, 2015
Ernie Behrle answered:
Wed May 20, 2015
Ernie Behrle answered:
Call customer service at 1-800-381-8279 and get a live person.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 20, 2011
Robert Diamond answered:
Hi John,

I would like to come out and pre-tour the place for some clients. Call me on my cell 262-903-5506

0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue May 6, 2008
Pete Rondello Sr answered:
Tom and Sue: A Lease/Option may be a good bet in some cases, but it doesn't sound like the best fit for you. Generally, you lease out your home to a tenant who also signs an agreement to purchase your house at some future date at a price you have negotiated. For this privilege, they pay you an "option fee" which effectively takes the home off the market while they decide whether they want to buy it or not. In other words, you might agree with your tenant to sell them the house within 6 months for $200,000.00. They give you $2000.00 option fee (which is their way of saying "we have the OPTION to buy your house if we want any time in those 6 months") and they rent from you until the option is exercised, expires, (they lose the $2K to you) or gets extended.
In practice in our area, few of these options work out in a residential setting. The banks have cheap money to loan for folks with good credit; those who ask for an option either have little or no down payment, a credit history that is not favorable, or need time to rebuild credit or cash to make it all happen.
If they end up NOT liking your house after renting it, they can walk away with little recourse.
I hope you can just sell it - looks like that would be the best alternative. You might check with your broker, banker, accountant, or attorney who know you situation better than I do. These are just guidelines based on about 20 years in the trenches.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice