Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Walworth County : Real Estate Advice

  • All4
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 36
Fri Aug 19, 2016
Joseph Young answered:
Homes in the Como area have a Lake Geneva mailing address. You should use Lake Geneva to search the Como area. Trulia also lets you draw on the map to select the area you wish to search in. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 19, 2016
Joseph Young answered:
Any agent you are working with who is searching homes for you in the MLS can search for homes where the seller is offering a land contract.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 5, 2015
jefffredenburg asked:
Wed Feb 18, 2015
Terry Ault answered:
Just by way of a follow-up. Were you successful in finding a home in the Whitewater-Fort Atkinson area?

0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 6, 2015
Andys answered:
Hi Julie
I am a real estate broker that is familiar with the area. Id be happy to assist if you haven't gotten any help

Andy Szymanskyj
John Redel Brokerage Co LLC
MLS ID 16388
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Oct 8, 2014
Annette Lawrence answered:
Not knowing your situation, the status of the house or your real goals, let me offer these two options.

1. Drive slowly through a few busy intersections in your area. Write down the telephone number on the 'CASH FOR YOUR HOME' signs.

2. Visit Home Depot and buy the largest FOR SALE sign in stock.

Both of these readily available options are the beginning of a bad series of events.
Without knowing your situation or goals, perhaps these will work for you.
However, you HAVE imposed conditions that are unnecessary.

Best of success to you.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 17, 2014
kd652000 asked:
In fine print, I read they can send balance owed to IRS, and we have to pay taxes on it. If it was a court date forcelosure, it doesn't happen that way.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 5, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
Sun Apr 27, 2014
Dan Tabit answered:
Carol it's not up to the Realtor, it's up to the lender. Most Realtors know little about loans. As a formerly licensed lender, the rules and programs changed so much I had a hard time keeping up with them and being a full time agent.
Now I've attached a link to the USDA site where you can check out the rules and regs and see if you qualify. There are location limitations, rural properties as they define them, and income limitations, based on some regional norms. Both you and the property must fit their guidelines to get approved.
As you read over the site you'll have questions. A great local lender who has experience with these loans will be able to answer them and explain the program to you more fully.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 6, 2014
Sarah Alexander answered:
In the last few months properties on Potters have sold in the range of $3,000-$5,000 a foot of water frontage. If it's a teardown you are probably looking at the lower end.
~ Sarah Alexander, Realty Executives East Troy
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Dec 28, 2013
Margaret Labus, REALTOR answered:
In Walworth County (where Lake Geneva is located) there is a county-wide ordinance that homes zoned Residential cannot be rented out for less than 30 days at a time to the same party. You won't be able to rent weekly or nightly to different parties. And if you do rent out there are some local municipalities that can charge a "room tax" and require some additional inspections by the building inspector. There has been talk about doing away with this ordinance, but there is strong homeowner opposition to it to prohibit "party houses" next door. See below:

However, there are some residential homes in business zones that would allow short-term rentals, but these are usually difficult to find. If you have any further questions, please contact me - I'm happy to help!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 9, 2013
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
Mon Aug 5, 2013
walt773 answered:
Lake rights means, you pay an association fee and you have access to the facilities on the lake shore, like a beach area, usually have access to drop a boat and the use of pier to load your boat. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 16, 2013
Tina Lam answered:
Which cost are you looking for -- paint, re-roof, redo flooring, plumbing, etc.?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 8, 2013
John asked:
Sat Apr 13, 2013
Sharon Pennington answered:
Are you an investor? Would be willing to invest in a home that I would like to own. I need time to get my credit back on track due to the
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Robin Thompson answered:
my prayers to you. I have had a bad inspector also he missed fire damage in my house in Harvard. Illinois. I later lost the home. the mortgage was too high and my gosh the property taxes out of this world. I had a bad agent like you had. pretty mad about it now. I did nothing i was tied down with 3 little kids on my own like you. Now I live in a bad neighborhood in Rockford Illinois as a result. and i am stuck her for years. with shooting and home invasions, bad kids and parents etc. but i will not rant. my advice is to take it to court if you have the money. These wicked people need be stopped. they are making money and are responsible for many home transactions. they must be stopped, or held responsible for their judgement. Try praire state legal services they help low income people with legal issues. It is so sad people who do not have the money to get help. Again wicked people winning again. I pray God's judgement comes upon the wicked who put me in the town i am in because of my ill representation, divorce and bad judgment. Now i am stuck in this wicked city, not much money still supporting 3 kids no child support. God's judgement will come upon these evil people who put me here. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice