Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Vidor : Real Estate Advice

  • All22
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 15
Wed Mar 4, 2015
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
Trulia only permits for sale listings to be posted by real estate professionals. If you want your home to appear here you will have to find an agent or broker to work with.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Sep 5, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
Rent to own is really not a good idea, therefore consider fixing whatever is preventing you from purchasing outright. Rent to own can be risky and one could stand to lose a bit of money, therefore do inform yourself well, and consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate beforehand. If you haven't done so yet, visit with any licensed loan officer, see if you can buy outright, or simply continue renting until a purchase can be made. ... more
3 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 22, 2014
Linda Fisher answered:
If you are interested in looking in the Northeast area of Houston, Humble, Huffman, Porter,

I can help you . Beautiful new home may lease to purchase, there are only about four of these home left on the market, just give me a call ASAP and it will be my pleasure showing you these homes

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 13, 2014
Hi Amber,

Yes you can because Vidor, TX is an area that's eligible for the no money down USDA mortgage.

One of the best things about this mortgage is the monthly mortgage insurance is substantially less than an FHA or conventional mortgage and that's with no money down.

Here's an example: An FHA mortgage of $155,000 is going to have a monthly mortgage insurance payment of $174.37 but on a USDA mortgage it's only going to add $51.66 to your monthly payment.

The other nice thing is you can actually roll your closing costs into the loan as long as the appraised value supports it.

Please feel free to contact me for more information or help. You can also find info on my USDA Mortgage website by clicking the link below.

John Burke
Senior Mortgage Banker
Peoples Bank & Trust Co.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 16, 2013
lyndalyons1950 asked:
Sun Jul 21, 2013
Tiffany answered:
I'm sorry. We have been pre-approved for enough but everyone says going USDA is the best. We at least want. The house has been on market for a very long time. Reason unknown. So we are wanting to make an offer I just wonder if banks will allow for closing costs and what no but thank you every little bit of advice helps! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Angie Williams answered:
Another way to determine ownership is to go to your local Appraisal District website or office and request the information. You can go to your local courthouse and find out as well. This is not the most efficient way or the fastest way, but still will have the most up to date records. Sometimes it takes a few months for the local tax office or the central appraisal district to pick up new owner records. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Angie Williams answered:
Are you looking to rent a specific property or are you looking for a general listing of available rentals? If you are looking for rentals to view for possible lease you should contact some of your local real estate firms and find out if they have a property management office. If they do you can get a list of their vacancie and future availablity pretty easily. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 24, 2012
emilulu67 asked:
Or text:409-474-1666

This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 30, 2012
Crouchsw answered:
Go to It will let you search property tax records for the state of Texas. It will show who owns the property. It will give an address, but won't give a phone number. I'm assuming you're talking about a vacant lot. You might have to look someone up in the white pages. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 13, 2010
Chris Richter answered:
You'll get a foreclosure notice if you start paying bi-monthly.

"Bi-weekly" is the Wizard of Oz of mortgages. Pull the curtain back and you realize it was much ado about nothing. All you are doing is making 26 half payments per year...13 full payments per year. That marginally beats the bank, but you sound like you're looking to beat the bank pretty good.

That's a lot more fun. What are you thinking here...something like a home of $X, a minimum down payment of $Y, and then you have this $10-20k "what if" bucket? Then the goal is to utilize that 'what if' part to either start with a lower balance or use it as one-time injection of cash doing whatever is cheapest?

I guess one more question, what's your goal here? For example, are you trying to pay the least amount of interest over a certain number of years, pay this home off by a certain time, etc?
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 17, 2008
You need to apply.
Hard to answer a question like this with such little info.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 21, 2007
Renau answered:
I agree with Ted, is a helpful site.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Vidor Zip Codes