Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Vernon : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 11
Thu Apr 21, 2016
Hamerl asked:
Can you let me know when the incorrect photo is replaced with the correct photo? (608) 642-2318 Laurie
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 15, 2015
Jackson Willis answered:
I'm sure ithere would be some sort of record system you could look into to find this information. Beyond that, I would suggest talking to the owners/previous owners to see if they have any information about this for you. It shouldn't be too hard to find this information, I just think you'll have to do a little bit of research to figure it all out.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 8, 2015
Moore06rl answered:
Are forclosure fees tax deductable by home owner
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 20, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
Great question for an attorney. You'll need to figure out who is foreclosing and why, what they want and what type of HOA you have and who is protecting you. This is a legal question and I'd start with your board, but not stop there. Getting an answer from an attorney is the only reliable way to go.
When you are part of an HOA, you are a part owner of all the common areas. This may be a mistake, a formality or some new way the party doing the foreclosing is trying to ensure they can collect.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon May 13, 2013
Christopher Pagli answered:
Hi, In NY we have many condos that require a few months common charge donation at closing to go towards the reserve funds. I think it's ridiculous....

0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 22, 2012
John Behrens answered:
I can help you establish the current value of you home--comparable sales is just 1 way -- and there is no cost to you--just the time it takes to have a conversation. You can reach me at Or call Realty Executives , Hartland and ask for me... ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 13, 2010
Jen Burns answered:
Dear Condo Buyer,
With out being a party in the transaction, this can be a tricky question to answer and can border on legal advice in which you must ask of an attorney. I hope you have a local REALTOR that is your buyer agent helping you with this transaction and if you are not happy with their help I would encourage you to speak to their sales manager or a a real estate attorney. That being said, in Wisconsin with every offer to purchase on a condo there is a required addendum to the sales contract possibly labeled "Addendum C" and this document spells out to you what the Condo Disclosure Materials should contain and the pertinent time frames associated with the disclosure materials. You will also see an explanation of special assessments and who pays for what in your offer to purchase. If you are still unclear about buyer or the seller obligations pertaining to special assessments I would encourage you to call a real estate attorney. Best of Luck! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 25, 2010
None answered:

Jeanne's answer pertain's to New Jersey. Wisconsin doesn't have attorney review.

Eric's answer is not of much help and doesn't represent the views of most agents.

... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 9, 2009
Sally K. Hanson answered:
We list and sell lots of short sales...there is something missing that you are not being told...there would be no incentive for a lender not to give the payoff amounts for closing...someone isn't telling you the whole story. The lender is the's a game of hurry up and wait...they get their ducks lined up and then they give a window of closing time....You should be worried about or concerned with things llike commission or how much more than one lien holder is paid ...that is all negotiated with the lender by the listing agent. Sorry you had what sounds like a less than sterling experience...get a heads up on the successful short sale experience (ask to have it verified) of the listing agent before you...fall in love or write on a short sale listing. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 9, 2008
Karen Wenzel, e-PRO answered:
I just did a search for Waukesha and the surrounding area, I found several condos that are listed as rent with option to buy. Several are located in the "Homestead Complex" at University Drive & Northview Rd.
They have 1 and 2 Bedroom units. I am familiar with the complex and they also have underground parking. Prices run from $115,900 - $189,900.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Vernon Zip Codes