Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Vermont : Real Estate Advice

  • All28
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 23
Thu Dec 22, 2016
Mpeliroja answered:
I'm o.k. the mortgage but not on the note but regions bank dont let me pay the debt because my ex doesnt want to sign the note...the want to put my house on sale on the 3rd of january...any cases relaled to my where the note doest have to be sign by both and i can save my house.. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 19, 2016
Karen Peyton answered:
REO simply means "real estate owned." Since you currently reside in the home, it is therefore "occupied." "As Is" means in its present condition, usually without disclosures and warranties. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Dec 12, 2015
Joseph Domino answered:
You won't owe money, but you won't be able to sell the house because the bank has a lien against it. You cannot convey clear title as long as the lien is present. However, if you sell for more than the lien, you can pay off the bank and keep whatever is left. ... more
2 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 10, 2013
Julia Lynch answered:
We are selling a ranch in a great neighborhood in Hartford, Vermont in the Dothan Brook School area. We purchased this house in 2004 and have made lots of upgrades including a new Buderus Gas wall hung furnace in 2011. We are asking 212,500, well below the assessed value. Please email me for more information at ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Ray Mikus answered:
Check with local Realtors and property managers. Also craigslist seems to be a good place to look for rentals. Hope that helps. Good luck.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Aug 25, 2012
annemcall61 answered:
I am looking for the early summer of 2013. I am from Vermont and want to move home.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 7, 2012
Susan Vanderburgh answered:
It's easy to find on public records. Most agents (like myself) who are familiar with the process would have access to this type of information. What would you like to do now?
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 7, 2012
Daniel Klein answered:
Unlike answers to your question, the true answer is the 2nd will and has the legal right to foreclose. Just because their loan is subordinate to the 1st, does not exclude them the right to get their money back through the foreclosure process.
Just because you pay your first and not the second, will not charge off any loans. Only if you go through foreclosure, or file a bankruptcy can a second be charged off.
Remember ,the lender will not be able to come after you for a deficiency in California.
Do not waste your time and money on "audits" They prove nothing, and after 4 years of cases against lenders, they have never lost a case due to an audit.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 7, 2012
Daniel Klein answered:
Your family needs to consider doing a short sale, or putting the house on the market. The property will languish in foreclosure for a while. Since there is little income, doing a modification may not make sense.
Once you have listed your property, start looking for another place to live.
There are federal laws that will prohibit a lender from coming after the property, and the IRS will not 1099 you for the difference.
This is the smartest thing you can do right now.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 7, 2012
Daniel Klein answered:
Nobody goes on Trulia to offer to buy REO properties $5M up.
I think this was a genuine attempt by a novice to try to get into the REO game.
Also REO's dont sell for this discount. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 7, 2012
Daniel Klein answered:
You are not responsible for HOA fees after title transfers (your foreclosure. But you are still responsible for the HOA fees while you were still living in the property.
Most likely a collection company is coming after the HOA fees. There are ways to settle fo 10-20 cents on the dollar. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 7, 2012
Daniel Klein answered:
If you do a CH.7 federal law will allow you to keep the equity in your property up to the state limits. Call a washington attorney to get the specifics.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 19, 2011
Katiemac9 answered:
I live in VT so these are ideas based on what happens here in terms of the legal stuff. If you haven't yet received a sheriff's notice a TRUE foreclosure brought to your door, you have a lot of time to work out what you want to do. My lawyer told me a year ago that I will still have 9mos to 1 yr before I have lost the house and have to leave AFTER getting the sheriff at my door. Still no sign of him and I haven't paid the mortgage for 2 years; 1.5 yrs ago I got a 'Notice of Default'. I can sell the house up the the very day of the auction. THAT is a lot of time. I have not yet received the sheriff's notice and have been using whatever cash I have to put the house in tip-top shape and upgrade some things to sell this coming Spring. On top of that my mortgage company, GMAC which got govt money, has been successfully sued by the state of Mass and is being seriously looked into by VT and other states. I reckon I still have a long time before I really lose my house. So I suspect you do, too. Like you, my house is worth more than what I paid and more than what I owe. I qualified for the HAMP loan modification but they refused it anyway. (Since then, I have learned that I'm better off.) The state of VT has a new law that they have to go to mediation if the owner wants to...another delay. So don't be rushed, certainly not by realtors. I will be selling my home myself for less than it is worth, but I will get enough money to pay back the mortgage and fees (if I still owe them all the foreclosure fees, depends on how VT pursues the company), AND I will have something left over to get a new place. Got a kid still in school so we have to live somewhere. Don't give up till you've really explored your options. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 5, 2011
gmareo1 answered:

Would like to know if this property still available. If so, would like to get details of property.

Thank You
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 7, 2011
Benbgallaher answered:
It's distressing. I, too, have been underfoot of this mortgage modification monstrosity. it's perfectly appalling. I live in Brunswick, Maine, and the scarcity is similar. Worse than the lack of services, however, is the judgment and mistrust that the powerful mete out to human beings that find themselves in difficult situations. Like it helps.

I can't offer any strategies, but your story deserves attention, and I want you to know that my heart goes out to you.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 11, 2011
Strong Will Real Estate answered:
I am a Realtor right here in Burlington VT - I can help. Lot's of experience, But don't wait!! It sounds like we need to move fast. Contact me at 802-238-0064. Lora Wilson.

Check out my Profile on Trulia for detail about me.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 28, 2011
Dallas Texas answered:
County court house OR contact a local Realtor who can forward MLS listings

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice