Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in Ventura County : Real Estate Advice

  • All60
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying33
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 4
Tue Feb 28, 2017
Jipsybudha asked:
Fri Aug 5, 2011
Barry Shapiro answered:
An online company, Know Your Stuff® - Home Inventory, is the Insurance Information Institute's free online home inventory software. Their application makes creating and updating your home inventory easy and efficient. And with their free, secure online storage you will have access to your inventory anywhere, any time. You never know when a disaster may strike, but you can be prepared with an up-to-date home inventory. Check out: This is an excellent question! Be sure, if you use the ol' fashioned method, that the CD or storage item is NOT at the property, but rather off-site. ... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Sat May 7, 2011
Barry Shapiro answered:
Glad this was helpful... The number for Farmer's is: 805-777-8912. Your NHD Report (Natural Hazards Disclosure) will address the severity and risk factor for the home's specific location. As part of the Ventura County fire hazard reduction program, the City of Thousand Oaks rolls out a Weed Abatement Program every April -- going through June. Notices go out to vacant land / homeowners in the affected areas: ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 1, 2010
Bonnie Sterling answered:
Hi Curious, Just to add, I would definetly consult an insurance professional even if the HOA has a hazard policy. After there is an incident is the wrong time to find out that you could have purchased a coverage that would have assisted you. Remember the HOA is essentially you plus the other homeowners. So, if there is damage that exceeds your HOA reserves, the HOA comes back to the owner in assessments for the shortfall. There are some coverages for condo owners, like as it related to earthquake, that basically pay your portion of the HOA deductibles or may cover you for a variety of "unexpecteds". If you would like a reliable contact, I can refer you to both an AAA or State Farm agent, real person, that you can discuss your concerns and options with. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice