Linda, Both Buyer and Seller in Reno, NV

why does this site not work on the Apple Mac, i.e under Safari????

Asked by Linda, Reno, NV Sun Sep 2, 2007

Answers

6
Ruthless, , 60558
Sun Sep 2, 2007
I use a Mac but I use FireFox. There are some known glitches with Trulia and uploading you picture.
Give FireFox a try.
Ruth
Steve Ostrom, Agent, Roseville, CA
Sun Sep 2, 2007
Hello Linda, I cannot use Safari for a lot of real estate programs (non-intel based processor). As much as I love Safari, I note that many things still are omitted or not translated and usually are real-estate related sites or some password protected sites, but usually most sites usually work great in Firefox. Intel based macs tend to not have as many difficulties, but I have found myself only using Firefox still because it is relatively glitch free. The only reason I would suggest to load bootcamp or parallels is if you are an agent and/or there is specific software that calls for PC only.
J R, , New York, NY
Sun Sep 2, 2007
I use FIrefox also, when I am on my Mac, and I can view Trulia fine.
Ruthmarie Hi…, , Westchester County, NY
Sun Sep 2, 2007
I too use a Mac but am using it on Trulia right now. You may have a old version of Safari because I am using the newest version right now. It could be the Mac itself, maybe you can't upgrade to the newest version of Safari if your Mac isn't a newer model with an intel processor chip. If you do have a Mac with an intel chip, you might want to consider loading windows and using parallels to access the window operating system. It works great, but you need 2 gigs of RAM to pull it off. It works with 1 gig, but is pretty slow.

I should make it clear that I don't have to run windows to get to Trulia. I can get it off the Mac OS using Safari.
Jennifer Mon…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Sep 4, 2007
I use a Mac exclusively and have no problems with Safari - ever - on Trulia. As Emily suggests, be sure you have the most up to date version installed.

So glad we have so many hip pros (and one hip entrepreneur) using Macs in real estate!!
Web Reference:  http://JennifersPdxHomes.com
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Tue Sep 4, 2007
Hi Linda,

Trulia is compliant only with the very latest version of Safari. Please access the link below to download Safari 3 for free and please let us know if you experience any further problems.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
Web Reference:  http://www.apple.com/safari/