Question removed

Asked by Jennifer Kretschmer, AIA, 95124 Fri Aug 31, 2007

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

11
Paul Slaybau…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Fri Aug 31, 2007
That's great to hear! Sounds like that agent is owed a commission as a result of his/her advertising attracting the buyer, though, regardless of whether the listing elapsed. I hope your friend does the right thing.
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Fri Aug 31, 2007
Thanks for sharing the information, Jennifer. It's very nice to know that the company that works so hard trying to be everybody's website is working and this is only the beginning!

I am glad that I discovered this site and meet all the great Realtors, other Real Estate Pros and the consumers! !

Sylvia
Mr.P, , Arizona
Fri Aug 31, 2007
Nice !!!!

Interesting stats Heather. Let me guess who the other 30% are?

Jennifer, your old neighbor owes the listing agent. Something? Like a handful of dead presidents?
Carrie Crowe…, Agent, Southaven, MS
Fri Aug 31, 2007
Jennifer, I have to agree with Paul. The agent that had the home listed and advertised on Trulia is the procurring cause of the sale. It is only right that the seller give some compensation. I am not sure about listing agreements there, but our says that if in X amount of days a sale occurs due to actions of the agent the seller will honor the listing contract.
Web Reference:  http://carriecrowell.com
Bridgette Ko…, , Florida
Sun Sep 23, 2007
Jennifer,
Thanks for sharing such great news! I believe my colleagues here have properly questioned the possibility of compensation for the original listing agent (and I agree)... but that is off-topic for this post. The point here is Trulia is growing almost virally these days, and is starting to reap the benefits!

GOOD NEWS!

Please do ask your neighbor to post her experience to Trulia---we're all (obviously) very interested! That said, I wish to publicly thank you for your contributions to Trulia Voices! Your insight as an architect is invaluable to this community. I especially enjoyed your comments about new trends in counter-tops--I had no knowledge of quartz at all--now, I do, thanks to your great input!
Zoraida Matos, , 60106
Fri Aug 31, 2007
Jennifer I have to agree with Carrie here, our office listing agreements are the same way we have a clause that after the listing expires even 180 days after, if a buyer had came to see the unit during he listing or was brought in by another realtor, commission is owed o the listing agent... Just so you have a clear understanding of the clause, it serves as a protection...

unfortunetly there are sellers out there that hire an agent to market there home and then try to tell the buyers that they can save money if they hold out till the listing agreement is expired...
not realizing that the buyer came through because of the realtors efforts in marketing the home.

if that clause is not on your friends agreement than legally she owes the agent nothing cause it isn't the sellers fault that the agent neglected to remove the home from the internet....

I think that if she didnt pay a commission to the buyers agent, it would be a kind gesture to compensate the listing agent "something" just for conscience sake.. after all it was his diligent marketing that got the property the exposure.
Heather Fern…, Home Owner, San Francisco, CA
Fri Aug 31, 2007
Hi Jennifer - Heather from Trulia here. That's awesome news!! We know that 70% of visitors to Trulia are in the market to buy or sell a home in the next 12 months and it's great to hear anecdotes like this.
Pat Chadwell, Agent, Campbell, CA
Sun Sep 23, 2007
Thanks for that data. It does shed some light on things. Yes a good completed sale would help you should you decide to sell soon.
Web Reference:  http://www.patdulleck.com
Pat Chadwell, Agent, Campbell, CA
Sun Sep 23, 2007
That is good news. We as Realtors try to do the best for our client. Did your neighbor reduce her price and then place it on Trulia? I would love to hear the facts.

Some percentage of homes do get sold by "unrepresented" sellers. Sometimes things go okay but the amount the disclosure and paperwork is huge and therein lies the risk - not now but down the road.

Thanks for bringing up a good point of discussion. :)
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Sat Sep 1, 2007
Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for willing ot follow up; although I know you only meant to report a good news and this is not your obligation or job to let your neighbor know about the commission stuff.

Of course, Jenffifer, you know we will be asking if she is looking for a Realtor to help her purcahse a new home and as you well know, we have some great agents on Trulia!

Sylvia
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Fri Aug 31, 2007
Wow....that is a fabalous testimony about Trulia. I am hoping the agent that assisted them in advertising was compensated. Any idea if that happened?