Using Trulia in 10005>Question Details

cyrus eyn, Real Estate Pro in New York, NY

please cancel my membership

Asked by cyrus eyn, New York, NY Mon May 21, 2012

Answers

20
Lindsey Drenckhahn’s answer
I, too, feel like I was deceived and would like to cancel my contract after three out of six months, though I was under the imoression it was for only three months. I feel like I was conned and I would like to stop this monthly billing effective immediately.
Please cancel mine as well! I cannot get anywhere on the wdbsite, email or even the phone. I don't want this anymore but you won't let me leave!!!
Trulia was nothing but a big mistake for me and a financially painful one! Im approaching 6 months. In my geographical area there are purpurtedly over 200 calls a month. I "own" 25% of that, yet in 5 months, (1,000 purported calls) I have received less than 5 calls. Thats over $100 per call!!
I know associates that get great results from Trulia, however they are spending $1000 min and most are paying closer to $2000 a month to get results. I wouldn't spend that much and ended up losing about $3000 for a 6 month membership. I call it a learning lesson.
Flag Sun Mar 15, 2015
I think it is time for a class action law suit. We should all ban together. It is one thing if they represented their services accurately, but I get almost nothing from the expensive zip codes I am paying for, and there are no exclusive leads as promised. I also would like to see proof (as will the attorneys) that I am getting all my exclusive hits that I pay so much for. They promised that once they combine with Zillow we will get even more leads....but that did not happen in the timeline they said it would.

Cancel my account or expect a lawsuit. I will also make sure everyone I know is informed of this worthless membership.
They all are. I remember Trulia--I was with them when I first started in 2014 and HATED it. They wouldn't cancel my membership. Now I've made the mistake of signing up with Realtor dot com and its happening all over again!
Flag Tue Aug 30, 2016
Flag Wed Sep 2, 2015
I'm with you Michael. Their "service" is fraudulent.
Flag Wed Sep 2, 2015
Yup... I'm in the same boat! Trying to cancel my subscription with them and they just keep giving me the run around! Trulia SUCKS! POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! RIP OFF! PLEASE CANCEL MY SERVICE TO!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 3, 2015
Trulia is an absolute Joke. I don't get any listing that are worth anything. The few I got were for $13,000 houses. That doesn't add up. So when I call them they try to upsell me to the Pro Status. What a scam. Their reps don't try and help, I've been trying to get someone to take down a flagged message and they won't. Then they change the program on me and now I get nothing.

What a joke.

I may just cancel my card and let them send me to collections.

JOKE, JOKE, JOKE, JOKE....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 4, 2015
Dont use trulia I have tried to cancel and was told its a mandatory 6 month term unless I get a letter from my broker stating Im leaving the business or inactivate my license and send a certified letter from the state and if I stop paying they say they will put me into collections.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 12, 2014
I've called and emailed and have also gotten no response from Trulia to cancel
my membership...Pro is useless...you have to do EVERTYHING YOURSELF...which
I did in the beginning anyway....it's really a joke...please contact me....
thanks!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 29, 2014
Call the service line.. you wait for about 30 minutes but they will answer.
Flag Sun Mar 15, 2015
Hi Cyrus,

I have flagged this issue to our Priority Customer Service line who will be following up with you shortly regarding the canceling of your membership. We're sorry to see you go!

If I can be of any further help, please let me know,

Andrew
Community Manager, Trulia Voices
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 22, 2012
Just went through the same thing about an hour ago! Except my guy, whose name is Chris Mann, and looks exactly like your guy, said I can't cancel. They got my attention when I received notice from Trulia that my bank had rejected a payment to them. My bank paid all fees to these ripoff artists! They were trying to get an alternative payment so that when I told my bank to stop paying them, they would have another way to fleece my wallet. I paid more in a month for 3 crappy leads than I pay to Realtor.com who sends me awesome leads almost 2 to 3 a week! I canceled my ATM card and had my bank flag these people. Told me I can't cancel that I knew what i was getting into. No I didn't. This is a very sleazy outfit.
Flag Thu Aug 6, 2015
Hey Andrew I have been trying to cancel my contract since I realized that I also was not informed that my MLS was not going with them. At present I cannot speak with my account representative and I have received NO leads in a calendar month. Who can I call?
Flag Wed May 13, 2015
Hi Andrew
Someone at Trulia needs to be proactive with this problem.
I am so disappointed with the few leads I have gotten in the last 3 months, when I finally got a call from a representative she said that even if the same person is inquiring on three different properties they count as 3 leads, also the inquiries are on properties that are no longer in the market or they think I am the listing agent.Very miss guiding. NO SENSE!
I need help canceling the six month agreement. I no longer want to pay for something I'm not getting and I was promised by the agent that it was going to be amazing and to be ready. I work really hard to put food on the table for my family, it's been a ripoff.
I will appreciate it if you can assist me with canceling my account.
Flag Thu Feb 26, 2015
Please CANCEL my account as well....the service is useless...its' entirely manual on our part AND THE PRO BADGE OFFERS US NOTHING.....
I've attempted phone calls and contacting the agents who sold me on this....please cancel immediately as I am in the process of creating a BBB complaint...thank you
Flag Mon Sep 29, 2014
Hi Cyrus,

Andrew
Community Manager, Trulia Voices
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 22, 2012
Same here, spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to cancel after also feeling I was deceived :(
I need my membership canceled too:
Pro: Basic
Subscription # 541403
I just saw my bank account and noticed I too was getting charged a recurring fee for Trulia Pro for a basic listing ad. There is no way to cancel through your account settings at all. Sounds to me like they want you to call to cancel, only so they can convince you to stay or purchase another product.

Trulia. CANCEL recurring pro fee effective immediately. Thanks
please cancel my membership
Does cancelling our accounts under Trulia settings, also cancel the financial debits?
Cancel out my membership, found a ho
Are we serious? Trulia now has a guaranteed six month contract. You cannot cancel for any reason. Beware anyone out there. If you read the terms and conditions, truly it has to provide you nothing NOTHING. Only a subscription. In my case I had 25% of Atlanta zip code. In one month I get no leads, zero leads. I did get for leads in a nearby zip code in a very bad part of town. Two of those were for apartment rentals for which there is no compensation. One month to possible leads. $128 wasted. Hey guess what, I have five more months of this. I recommend no one used trulia!
I am so glad to hear that i am not the only one being scammed by Trulia....Well, not glad but not the only one annoyed ! I called to cancel my $238 monthly membership for supposedly 75% of my zip code which by the way i have gotten almost nothing for 3 months other than dead emails and no phone contacts at all. I have 3 times and was forced to leave a messages, sent 3 emails with no responses other than automatic responses and someone called me last months just to tell me that i am in a 6 months contract which i found out that day and never signed . I am so annoyed and may be forced to cancel account and change my card just so they don't keep charging me for their stupid scams
Flag Wed Jan 22, 2014
Log in into your account. At the account settings is a option cancel my plan. click on that and your account is canceled.
I don't see that option anywhere. They provide a phone number only on the FAQ about ugrading/downgrading your account. That phone number puts you on hold forever, eventually hanging up on you.
Flag Tue Dec 30, 2014
you may want to call Trulia Customer service 888-466-3501 with this
Yikes thanks for letting the rest of us know.
Flag Fri Nov 14, 2014