Using Trulia in Los Angeles>Question Details

Justin Nassie, Real Estate Pro in Newport Beach, CA

how do i become a mortgage broker with trulia?

Asked by Justin Nassie, Newport Beach, CA Wed Oct 5, 2011

Answers

9
Hi Justin:

First off, are you a mortgage broker? If so, it works the same way as agents...just sign up and make a page for yourself under the Professionals side. You will need to use another e-mail address. Then go through the same steps you did when posting yourself as an agent. Answer and ask Question, write blogs, etc.

Kat
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 6, 2011
John,

Let me recap for you.

Thread subject: how do i become a mortgage broker with trulia?

Shane's answer: change your "Pro type" to "Mortgage Broker or Lender".

Your response: Great answer Shane. I'll do that myself. Do you lose your Trulia ranking when you do that?

Anyone with a 3rd grade education would conclude that you were going to change your status to being a mortgage broker; there was nothing to "assimilate".

If what you really meant to say was; "I just wanted to know how one expands their online identity and continues to build their existing presence without having to create another profile which would cause you to have to abandon your existing identity and lose the existing momentum created"...

you should have said that.

And I agree with you, anyone that reads this thread can clearly see exactly what I said and it was in no way "ridiculous" , "snide", insulting or anything else. It was useful information and not only directed at you, but also to Justin, who has no NMLS endorsement and should be aware of exactly what I wrote.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 6, 2011
Under http://www.trulia.com/account/settings/ change your "Pro type" to "Mortgage Broker or Lender".
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 5, 2011
You can address Justin in any manner you wish but leave me out of your loop. As I mentioned previously this isn't the first time you and I have crossed paths. In fact the only discourse you and I have ever exchanged are negative remarks you've made to me about comments I've made on various Trulia threads. None of which have been positive to date.
LOL!! Gregorio, I've been called a lot of things in my life but sensitive has never been one of them. And where can you show me in any snippet I've ever contributed to Trulia or any other online forum that I ever referred to myself as a "Mortgage Broker"

I'm fully aware of what an NMLS is and I really didn't need you trying to educate me on that. Once again, my comment to Shane, not that it's any of your concern, was a general question not related to being a mortgage broker.

I just wanted to know how one expands their online identity and continues to build their existing presence without having to create another profile which would cause you to have to abandon your existing identity and lose the existing momentum created.

Did you take the time to assimilate my response to you? Or were you to preoccupied thinking about your very impulsive response to me. What is it about that concept that you are not understanding. As I said earlier, you've made sarcastic and cynical (since you don't like the word snide) remarks to me on other threads in the past.

Some so ridiculous in fact that they were actually removed. I won't remove them because I don't mind sharing them with anyone who want to read them. But again, I might suggest that if you can't say something positive on this public forum to colleagues and guests just zip it up and move onto the next thread where you might render a contribution that's a little more enlightening and upbeat.
John,

My remarks were not snide, and you really should stop being so sensitive.
Being a "broker" does not allow you to be a "Mortgage Broker", you need to have an NMLS endorsement, of which you do not. My comment was to educate you as to the pitfalls of calling yourself a "mortgage broker or lender" when you are not licensed to do so.

Shane's answer and you response clearly, for anyone that understands English, indicated that you want to change your profile to a mortgage broker. If you cannot accept constructive criticism, I cannot help you.
Gregorio, I'm not quite sure what you're referring to. For your information I am a broker. My question to Shane, albeit I don't feel as though I need to justify my question to you, was with reference to the fact that I built my profile on Trulia as a General ontractor and Manufactured Home Dealer and developer.

In January I got my RE brokers license and wanted to start building my profile around that as well. I was just asking about how I could start promoting my brokerage without losing any of the momentum and standing that I have earned thus far.

I'll thank you to keep your snide and sarcastic remarks to yourself. This isn't the first time you've chided me or made sarcastic remarks about my contributions to Turlia. If you can't say something positive on this forum don't waste your time or mine with your inane remarks.
Justin and John, you might want to actually be licensed as one first; that might save you some trouble with the DRE and NMLS.
Great answer Shane. I'll do that myself. Do you lose your Trulia ranking when you do that?