could I make something like google maps, but with all the possible directions from A to B?

Asked by Hemanth, Houston, TX Thu May 29, 2008

I'm interested in starting my own company. I'm 19. I figured I'd ask your company because you successfully implemented google maps into your website. Great Job by the way. I love it. Your company knows the extent of what you can make google maps do for your own purposes. My question is, can I make google maps so that it shows all the possible paths from point A to point B instead of just the shortest path? Is that possible using Google Maps API?

Answers

1
Frank Diaz, Agent, Honolulu, HI
Sat May 31, 2008
AAA used to hae a program that would give you all the possible routes you could take to get from one location to another. You would tell them the major cities you were traveling and they would give you a mini mapbook with directions and recommended places to stop.
It was called a TripTik.