"Get Recommended on Trulia" Question!!!

Asked by Ron Knoll, Chicago, IL Wed Jul 27, 2011

I just emailed a bunch of my past clients with the new program you just rolled out 'Get Recommended on Trulia' and my clients are saying that they cant find where to write the review? I used the email through Facebook.

Any help?

Answers

12
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Mon Aug 1, 2011
Hi Brenda,

I was able to duplicate this error and I've alerted our engineers about the problem. If your Trulia profile is already connected to your Facebook account, you shouldn't be prompted to create another account. I hope to have an update on this matter soon.

Emily
Brenda Wells, Agent, Columbus, GA
Mon Aug 1, 2011
I did this the other day, and went through my facebook account and sent this to all my facebook friends and clients and when they clicked to recommend it took me to another account to create in trulia. It did not connect to my real estate profile. Any help with this is appreciated. Still confused of why it wanted me to create another profile.

Brenda Wells
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Mon Aug 1, 2011
Hi Ron,

Thank you for attempting to recommend me. I appreciate the thought. At this time however recommendations are only available for real estate professionals and I don't qualify as such.

Emily
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Mon Aug 1, 2011
Thank you for the clarification Richard. It looks to me as though your Trulia profile may actually be connected to another user's Facebook account rather than your own, and this is likely the cause of the problem.

Please do the following to update your Facebook account information on Trulia:

Access the link below and select 'Edit profile' on the left hand side of the page.
Next, expand the 'Email and Password & Facebook Connect' section and select 'Disconnect Facebook account'.
Sign in with Facebook once again.

After you've followed these steps, try to request recommendations once again and let us know if you continue to encounter this error message.

Best Wishes,

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
Richard Schu…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Aug 1, 2011
I am trying to request recommendations for me. (My Recommendations-->Request Recommendations-->Request with Facebook (tab) ) That's when I get the error message.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Mon Aug 1, 2011
Emily,
I just ried to RECOMMEND you and I couldn't.
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Mon Aug 1, 2011
Hi Richard,

I do see that you have already connected your Facebook account with your Trulia account. When you get this error message, what are you attempting to do exactly? Are you trying to recommend another agent?

Emily
Richard Schu…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Aug 1, 2011
When I try to Request with Facebook it brings up a red box that says "Oops! You need to connect with Facebook." I am connected with Facebook. I click the Sign in with Facebook button underneath this, and it "thinks" for a second, then gives me the same red box. I have pop ups unblocked. I have tried with different browsers. Is anyone else getting this error? Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Thu Jul 28, 2011
Hi Everyone,

Your profile page should now display a 'Recommend' button under your profile views shown at the top of the page. Let us know if you don't see that. Another 'Recommend' button is also included for all profiles in our Find a Pro directory.

Also, we're linking recommendations to Facebook precisely to prevent bogus reviews. Knowing the true identity of the person who posted the recommendation and their relationship to the professional should provide a level of transparency that prevents any gaming of the system. Please also keep in mind that you can flag any recommendations that appear to be inappropriate.

Best Wishes,

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
Nancy Doyle, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Thu Jul 28, 2011
I agree with both posts. I don't know how but if you find out let us know. I also agree that there will be a ton of bogus recommendations. Let us know if you find out how it works.

Best of luck,
Nancy
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Thu Jul 28, 2011
Honestly, when I do a good job(which is my job), my client and I both know it. I can truthfully see alot of BS recommendations inthe near future. I already see in some Agents "Helpful Answer" totals, more helpful answers than the amount of questions answered! That means every answer they made is more than "wonderful", really??
Michael Hobbs, , Chicago, IL
Thu Jul 28, 2011
That is a good question Ron, when you find out, please let me know as well!
Michael
Web Reference:  http://www.pahroo.com