You state that my residence was sold in November 2000.....this is not true.

Asked by Bggrady33030, Homestead, FL Fri Jun 8, 2012

My address is 16930 SW 301 Terrace, Homestead, FL 33030.....it was not sold in 2000. I purchased it from my deceased mother's estate on January 17, 2012.

Answers

4
Andrew Wilki…, , San Francisco, CA
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Hi there,

I have flagged this error to our Customer Service team so that they can correct the information as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Andrew
Community Manager, Trulia Voices
Maggie Hawk, Agent, New Smyrna Beach, FL
Fri Jun 8, 2012
BG,

It's possible that some sort of "paper transaction" took place in 2000, and was recorded in the public record. This could have the appearance of a "true" sale, even though it really is not an "arms-length" transaction (between strangers), and no money actually changes hands.

For example, some transactions of this type entered in the public record are:

- A property becomes the responsibility of a personal representative handling an estate.
- A property is being put in a trust for tax, or other, reasons.
- The owner wants to add another person or persons to a deed, such as a spouse or children.
- A life estate is created, where the nature of the ownership changes.
- A quit claim deed is created, where someone gives up their stake in a property. (Could involve money.)
- Additional financing, such as a Home Equity Line of Credit, or new financing is obtained.

I hope that helps.
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Fri Jun 8, 2012
If by any chance you're planning on selling, I may have a buyer for you. They specifically want Homestead with no HOA.

Give me a call, I'd love to come take a look 786-332-7042.
michael vire…, Agent, MIAMI, FL
Fri Jun 8, 2012
Good mORNING,
From what i see in the tax rolls you are correct it was purchased 01/17/2012 for $24,000
from a trust, which im assuming was your mothers estate. Are you interested in selling or refinancing the property? If you are i can help you with that.
Miguel A. Virelles
305-710-1862
One Stop Realty
Realtor Associate
Thank you, but I am not interested in selling or refinancing. Do you know how to contact Trulia?
Flag Fri Jun 8, 2012