Why do 90% of sold homes on Trulia no longer contain photos or other property details? Is there some other?

Asked by Andrew, Chicago, IL Fri Jan 11, 2008

way to access this information?

Answers

6
Walstmnky, Home Buyer, 07093
Wed Jan 16, 2008
Here are some strategies for getting information that might already not be on the web-server (trulia or not).

1. Find the MLS number for the house.

2. Google-search the MLS number with a couple of strategically chosen terms, e.g. MLS 123456789123,

3. The search will bring up some links. Click on the links in order. Some of the links will go to a web-page that does not exist any more. In that case, click back, and in the google search results, click on the little link below the main one that says "Cached" - that will show you the google's cache of the web-page.
That cache might contain information that is already deleted off the web-page.

Also, ask your local agents if any of their brokerages maintains a "Sold" database. Some do, and will give you the URL to a public web-site where you can search all SOLD houses in a zip code, town, etc;.
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Thu Jan 31, 2008
Hi Andrew,

I apologize for not responding to your follow-up question earlier.

The for sale information submitted to Trulia comes from agents, brokers and brokerages and do a great job making sure to include listing photos. The sold information we display on our site comes from data made available by the county assessor's office and that data we receive does not include photos. However we do our best to match any photos we already have in our database to this sold property information.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
Andrew, Home Buyer, Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 16, 2008
Thank you. I would say on the link you post only 10% of homes have photos or other detailed information. I guess you're saying that they never had photos in the first place? I hadn't expected that response since almost all of the active listings I see have photos (I have not done direct before and after tests for specific listing). Am I missing something obvious about how Trulia works?
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Wed Jan 16, 2008
Hi Andrew,

Nothing has changed on our end in regards to this information so I'm not sure why you are perceiving that many of our sold listings no longer show this information. Please note that the best way to access this information is to perform a search in your area of interest and once the search results load on the next page you can select 'Recently sold homes' under our Listing Type filter on the left side of the page.

The link below shows sold listings in Chicago.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
Andrew, Home Buyer, Chicago, IL
Fri Jan 11, 2008
It is the only way for me to gauge current market value for comparable properties. Many asking prices are inflated.
Gail Hiebert, , KCMO
Fri Jan 11, 2008
Why would this information be helpful?