Why did Trulia send me an email saying it updated my listing when it still displays the old price and picture?

Asked by Evie Cohen, Niwot, CO Fri Mar 6, 2009

I fully entered the listing yesterday (not knowing why I had to because it appeared as a feed from my website earlier). When I clicked on the link in the update email I saw the old listing. What happened to the new one that does display only under my account?

Answers

2
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Mon Mar 9, 2009
Hi Evie,

Thank you for your question. I'm not sure why you were prompted to submit your listing information to us manually. From what I can tell, we already receive your listing information from Keller Williams. What's more is that when Trulia receives listing information from both a franchise and an agent source, it is our policy to display the information submitted from the franchise. That is why the information for your listing appears differently in your account than it does on our site. Within your account you are seeing the information that you submitted, but otherwise you are seeing the information from Keller Williams. Admittedly we could do a much better job of alerting agents that we already have their listing information before they submit it to us, and the display in the My Listings section of your account should provide some explanation about this.

In order to update your listing information then, you'll need to contact Keller Williams to ensure that they update their own site, and the data feed they send to us. with the new photo and price. Once they make these corrections, our display should update automatically thereafter.

I hope this explanation isn't too confusing. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator
Peggy Gist, Agent, Hanover, PA
Sat Mar 7, 2009
I have had trouble with photo changes before and they tell me it takes 48-72 hours to see changes. Because you correct information is under your account but not on what consumers would view, it is a mystery. I contacted someone through trulia support via email and it took A LONG time to get it straightened out. I would send an email to alert them of your problem. I would check again in 48-72 hours.