Why are we getting so many e-mails? Too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asked by Ron Thomas, Fresno, CA Sun Jun 17, 2012

Answers

27
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Sun Jun 17, 2012
I posted a question the other day asking WHY it is adding all threads as being followed even when we uncheck the follow this question box. Others said it was not bothering them, but I have to go into Notifications after each answer und delete the ones it adds -- check under Notifications to see if it is doing the same to you. I can't make it stop.
Tim, the answer auto follow bug has been fixed, and we're working to make managing your follows easier (probably by Wednesday). We are sorry for the hassle, and will work to earn back your trust.
Flag Thu Jun 21, 2012
Laura Feghali, Agent, Stamford, CT
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Hi Ron,
Another Trulia member was stating the same problem. I was experiencing it too where I was receiving notifications on new questions posted in all areas.

I believe that Trulia has fixed the glitch since I'm no longer receiving the e-mails.

Your notifications tab is where you can "opt out" of questions and comments to your blogs.

Enjoy the week!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sun Jun 17, 2012
I noticed that as well.

I get emails that say another question has been asked in my area, and it is NOT in my area!

Maybe participation has dropped off, and this is an attempt to bring up the numbers.

It's annoying, though, and gives the opposite result with me...I just delete and don't bother to check it out anymore.
Walter 'Skip'…, Agent, Brea, CA
Sun Jun 17, 2012
I am having the same problem as Tim.
Happy Father's Day
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Tue Jun 19, 2012
Uhm, Bill - maybe you have your questions mixed up, as I don't see anwhere here where anyone asked or mentioned, anything about Florida!

This thread is asking why so many email are being sent out by trulia!

I am sure you know all about FL, however!

:)
Brandon B, Home Owner, Oakland, CA
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Hi all. As Emily mentioned we are looking into this. I'm testing the follow this question checkbox with this post.

Thanks for your patience.
Felix Hung, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Notifications works for me BUT when I come back to answer the question, there is no "opt-out" option now. As soon as I answer this question, my notifications section will update this thread as "as it happens." Could this be what is happening to everyone? If you go back and respond a second time to a thread - even when you opted out when you initially answered, is that when it's sending you emails?
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Mon Jun 18, 2012
bump the question and maybe we can get an answer - I was going to "flag" it but that doesn't seem to offer the right choices!
Felix Hung, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Mon Jun 18, 2012
I am not getting extra email that I have not opted to receive. I just went through my notifications and deleted cities/zips that I don't want notifications on anymore and I opted out of to receive notifications on updates regarding this thread from "as it happens" to "daily summary."
I did notice that when I posted this, my notifications section updated this thread automatically back to "as it happens."
Flag Mon Jun 18, 2012
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Mon Jun 18, 2012
OPTing OUT in NOTIFICATIONS doesn't work.

We need Emily!!
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Clearly there has been some sort of recent glitch, as this just started happening, and I didn't make any changes with my notifications.............it's still happening to me.............if it doesn't stop, I will email Emily directly
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Emily will come through for us;

I have a lot of faith in Emily.

Emily for President!!!!
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Mon Jun 18, 2012
just bumping this question to the top in the hopes someone from trulia will be awake by now (they're on the west coast) to read this and offer help!
Rob Weber, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Plainfield, IL
Sun Jun 17, 2012
Received over sixty emails for threads created in all locations. Someone in the development dept messed up big time at the end of last week. Please fix ASAP!!!!
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sun Jun 17, 2012
I see no way to opt out of a question you already answered!

I tried to opt out of receiving alerts for this thread, but can't find a way to do so...anyone know how?
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sun Jun 17, 2012
Well I just got home and found over 20 email waiting for me from trulia - stating a question has been asked "in all locations".....when in fact, it was a specfic question from a specific area!

it's really annoying, and something has changed, because this wasn't happening a week ago!
Suzanne Baker, Agent, Mammoth, CA
Sun Jun 17, 2012
I know, our business is becomming almost totally Internet based. I find e-mail an effective tool for communication.
Felix Hung, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Sun Jun 17, 2012
There are check boxes to opt-out of most if not all of these emails from Trulia. It's just when you're on a roll answering questions, if you're like me (uncheck the "follow this question" box).

Here's some help to fix it:

http://www.trulia.com/account/email_preferences/

This will fix most of the notifications.
Ron Rovtar, Agent, Boulder, CO
Sun Jun 17, 2012
Yes, it does seem as if Trulia has found more reasons to e-mail us. I also would appreciate it if the automation here were were a little less aggressive! In fact, I just went to my account settings page and found that the link now goes to the wrong page.

Ron
Chris Montal…, Agent, Levittown, NY
Sat Jun 23, 2012
I would love that problem if they were leads
Mike Linkena…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Fri Jun 22, 2012
Emails from Trulia? What are you talking about? I don't get many
if you read the entire thread you will understand what is being referenced!
Flag Fri Jun 22, 2012
Abu Musa, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Jun 22, 2012
Too many people want to help.Good luck.
Jennifer Fiv…, Agent, Red Hook, NY
Thu Jun 21, 2012
I was having the same issue. Glad to hear there was a glick that has been fixed
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Wed Jun 20, 2012
thanks Emily!

Things seem to be back to normal now........
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Wed Jun 20, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Your email alerts should by and large be back to normal as of today - our engineers have manually removed additional email subscriptions that were generated over the weekend. They are also at work bringing back the option to edit your alerts directly on the question page so you can easily unfollow a question.

If any of you do continue to receive any alerts that you didn't intend to sign up for, please let us know - and feel free to email me directly (emily at Trulia dot com).

Again, we really appreciate everyone being vocal about this so we could fix it quickly and we are grateful for your patience while we did so.

Take care all!

Emily
Yay! Thanks Emily!
Flag Wed Jun 20, 2012
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Hi Tim,

I'm sorry that we didn't see your questions. The issues you bring up sound as though they're related and I'll make our engineers aware of them as well.

Emily
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Hi Ron & All,

Thank you for making us aware of this. I'm sorry about the email overload and that we didn't post an answer yesterday. Our engineers are currently looking into this and we're hopeful that a fix will be in place soon.

I'll be sure to post updates about the issue as I receive them. Until then, thank you so much for your patience. We'll do our best to fix this asap.

Emily