When conducting a search for square footage, if "ask agent" is listed, will that property be excluded from the search?

Asked by Lita Fernandez Loessner, 19803 Mon Nov 26, 2012

Example: If the search parameters are for homes starting at 2000sq ft, will all homes with no square footage listed be excluded from the search?

Answers

2
Matt Keough, , Wilmington, DE
Tue Dec 11, 2012
The direct answer to your question is YES! If you place, within your search the requirement for 2000 sq. ft. then all properties with less and ones with no stated sq. ft. would be excluded from the results.

There are numerous factors that go into a home search and unless you are purchasing a new home, one being built for you, then the sq. footage will be skewed.

Feel free to contact me with further details, Matt Keough, Patterson-Schwartz Real Estate, Delaware mkeough@psre.com.

Good luck with your search.
Linda S. Cef…, Agent, Franklin, WI
Mon Nov 26, 2012
I always advise my buyers not put a limit on square footage. The layout of the home is much more important. I have seen many homes with large numbers on square footage only to find out that the home is so chopped up with hallways and nooks that it is deceiving. The same is true in the opposite scenario. I have seen homes that were listed at 900 square feet that had more living space than a home with 1500 square feet.

But in direct answer to your question, if you put a limit on square footage, then the homes that have less or more will not be included.