Trulia, is there a way to set "DON'T e-mail me when someone answers this question" as the default?

Asked by Alan May, Evanston, IL Wed Jan 9, 2008

Answers

14
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Wed Jan 9, 2008
Yes, go to edit my profile, from that menu, go to email alerts and seaches. there you can change your settings. also, you can uncheck at the email alert you receive from the link provided. i am sure you get a lot of email alerts since you are very active. :-)
Melanie Nard…, , San Francisco, CA
Thu Jan 10, 2008
Hi Elvis,
I just keep the emails coming: My treo dings or vibrates so often my clients think I'm super busy whatever the market is doing! ;)
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Thu Jan 10, 2008
Hi Elvis,

There is no such default setting. If you are receiving any kind of general alerts and a particular question falls under the same criteria then you're going to receive an email alert. However I'll put this on our feature request list.

Also, William, please do forward us a copy of one of the email alerts you receive so we can investigate the issue. Please send via the form at the link below and please let us know which email client you are using to view these emails.

As for why the word n e r d isn't allowed - I'll check and get back to you.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
William, Home Seller, 18951
Thu Jan 10, 2008
Ha, we're already hacking here. BTW why is "n e r d" without spaces considered profanity?
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Thu Jan 10, 2008
Agreed. The only way you can do it is the same as what the other N E R D (namly William) has to do is to email Emily or Roger and ask them to change the defaul to 'N' or blank instead of 'Y'..That's also the defaul for Active Rain.

Even if William is able to go and see the code, he still has to get into Trulia system to fix his problem, hence Emily/Roger solution.

Sylvia
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Thu Jan 10, 2008
[ Silly me. Elvis, when you go to your 'My Email Alerts & Searches', and click on 'My Trulia Voices Alerts', you get pages of your questions/topics and alerts. On the top column, you can select 'delete all' (red letters), that'd get rid of all your voice alerts. ]

Sylvia... while this does "delete" all of the "mail me's"... it still doesn't set it as the default... I still have to "unclick" the "email me..." each time I respond to a question.

If we truly have a couple of IT n e r ds here... howzabout working out a workaround??? Seems like "don't" should be the standard default anyway, no?
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Wed Jan 9, 2008
Willilam - Too tired to debug tonight? and you claim to be a fellow n e r d!? Gonna work harder than this -- This is how I got the habit (or pleasure) of working 24x7, fit right into my real estate career - from the all nighters when we implemented systems. Ah, the good old days.

Good Night, William. Might want to email Roger or Emily with your technical problem.

Sylvia .
William, Home Seller, 18951
Wed Jan 9, 2008
Ha Sylvia, a fellow n e r d!

Never thought to look under the hood. I did a "view source" and the HTML is in there, along with the link.

The email displays the header graphic "The Question You Care About Got Answered" but not the rest of the message. I'm guessing maybe a poorly placed HTML tag is ending the document ... I will send the Trulia guys a msg tomorrow (too tired to debug tonight...) BTW I use MailEnable...
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Wed Jan 9, 2008
Silly me. Elvis, when you go to your 'My Email Alerts & Searches', and click on 'My Trulia Voices Alerts', you get pages of your questions/topics and alerts. On the top column, you can select 'delete all' (red letters), that'd get rid of all your voice alerts.

Thanks for making me look at it twice. Now I just deleted all 600+ voice alerts.

And William, I am not quite sure about your problem as I am getting links to all my updates@Trulia answer alerts. I am trying something now. If it works, I will let you know.

BTW, I have an IT background, so you got me curious about this.

Sylvia
William, Home Seller, 18951
Wed Jan 9, 2008
Ok ... I have a similar problem. I get the notification but the email doesn't have a link to the message that was answered... making it a pretty un-useful feature. I like notifications ... but they do me no good if I have to search through my question list...

Is this by design or is my webmail trashing the link?

Thanks for any help!
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Wed Jan 9, 2008
syliva, thanks... I'm familiar with the routine of "unclicking" the e-mail me... part. I just thought that there might be a way to set that as the default (Trulia, are you listening?)...

Sometimes I forget to click it, and suddenly my inbox is inundated. Yikes..
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Wed Jan 9, 2008
Sorry, Elvis, see Emily's answer http://www.trulia.com/voices/Using_Trulia/How_to_get_out_of_…

You just have to get into a habit of unclick the 'Email me when answers to this question are posted' bottom right below the Web Regerence box.

Or, you can click on the 'unsubscribe' link when you receive the updates@trulia.com notice. - I have been doing that. Works pretty good.

Sylvia
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Wed Jan 9, 2008
okay, more trouble... it allows me to "deselect" the "send me e-mails" for each question ... but doesn't seem to allow me to set "don't send" as a default!?!?!
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Wed Jan 9, 2008
Deborah, as usual, you're a godsend! :-)