Rob, Home Buyer in Corona, CA

Tierra Shores in Menifee at Old Newport Road and Briggs does not appear on your map Why ?

Asked by Rob, Corona, CA Thu Sep 27, 2007

Answers

5
Harold Sharpe, Agent, Menifee, CA
Sat Aug 21, 2010
Hey Rob,
If you use a local broker in the area that has up to date real estate info as opposed to public access websites that try to cover the entire United States. You will easily see the info you are looking for. Trulia is not as big as google and does not have as many resources but they do try.

Harold Sharpe - Broker
So Cal Homes Realty
(951) 821-8211
harold@socalhomesrealestate.com
http://www.socalhomesrealestate.com
California Department of Real Estate License # 01312992
Jessica Robi…, , 92584
Fri Aug 20, 2010
Rob I actually live in Tierra Shores and you are right. Half the time it's never on a map. Why... well it all has to do when maps get updated. Although Tierra shores has been around since 2004 my street only shows up on gps 75% of the time. Let me know if you need some more information about the community. I would be happy to help.
Yolanda Tann…, , 92584, 92585, 92562, 92563, 92564, 92596, 92592
Thu Sep 27, 2007
Rob,
I actually live in Menifee. The issue with Tierra Shores being mismapped is that Old Newport Road has been reconstructed. Newport Rd know turns into the Domenigoni Parkway. Holland intersects Briggs and so does Garbani, however, Holland may not be punched all the way thru yet and Garbani at Briggs may not be completely paved yet. Your best bet is to turn into Centex at the Lakes off Newport and then take the next left (Rock port), this road will get you down to Tierra Shores.

If you need any help on what's available in Menifee or Southwest Riverside let me know, I will be glad to assist. Property taxes, school districts and finding the best deals can be a bit much. I tell my clients, having a Buyer's agent costs nothing, not having one can cost a lot more.
Web Reference:  http://www.951homes4sale.com
Christopher…, Agent, Hemet, CA
Thu Sep 27, 2007
In many cases, the county has not updated maps. In order for a particular street to show on maps, the County must have updated information before it will appear on any map. Mapping software is only updated a couple of times per year at the most. Some streets will take up to 18 months.....or more to appear on maps. Rural areas may never see updated map information until major development takes place. There are many rural areas throughout the county that have, and may never see, updated mapping.
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Thu Sep 27, 2007
Hi Rob,

We use the Google Maps API to obtain our map data. While Google Maps does display Tierra Shores Road in Menifee our map does not which indicates that Google hasn't yet updated their API with this information.

I am able to locate Briggs Road on the map below if I move the map around a bit, although I'm not sure if you are speaking about Briggs Road or another area.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative