Alyse, Home Buyer in 94062

This website has no integrity! A LOT of FALSE ADVERTISING.

Asked by Alyse, 94062 Tue Nov 27, 2012

LOTS of Incorrect Listing TYPES and Inaccurate Listing PRICES. Even some listed as for sale when it's actually for RENT or a BUSINESS for sale!!

Answers

5
Andrew Wilki…, , San Francisco, CA
Tue Nov 27, 2012
Hello Alyse,

Thank you for your feedback. We take data quality very seriously and have numerous programs in place to prevent errors as much as possible.

If you see something on our site which is fraudulent or inaccurate, the best thing to do is to report it. To report an error, please use the "Report an Error" button, which you can find here on any property page here: http://i.imgur.com/iDAf9.png.

Reporting the error in this way ensures that the problem is sent directly to the right people who can fix it.

Which problems did you find on our site Alyse? I'd be happy to look into them for you.

Many thanks again for your feedback.

Andrew Wilkinson
Community Manager
Trulia Voices
A lot of subdivision builders are using this site to sucker buyers by listing an empty lot address for the lowest base price with no amenities or upgrades and show pictures of the model home with all the upgrades.
Flag Wed May 11, 2016
There is no report an error button anymore, and so far, I have found 4 houses listed as for sale that were actually sold or taken off the market, some for as more than a year. This is really frustrating to someone who is trying to find property out of state.
Flag Sat Jan 4, 2014
Andrew Wilki…, , San Francisco, CA
Thu Nov 29, 2012
Hi Alyse,

Thank you for your comment. I think you raise some very good points, and I'd like to speak to what Trulia is doing to address them.

Trulia takes data accuracy very seriously. So seriously in fact, that Trulia was the first national real estate website to take a Data Pledge for Listing Syndication and Display (which you can read more about below)

As part of living up to that pledge, Trulia hired a team of data scientists to build and launch Trulia Direct Reference. The aim of this project is to find and fix data inaccuracies across the entire industry, not just on Trulia.com because we want home buyers to have the best experience possible. For more details on on what Trulia Direct Reference is doing, I'd recommend you check out our blog post below.

Everyone here at Trulia is passionate about giving you the inside scoop on your next place to live, and data accuracy is obviously a fundamental part of that inside scoop. Finding and fixing inaccurate information across many disparate data sources from all over the country is a big challenge, and Trulia is an industry leader in doing big things to rise to that challenge.

Thanks again for your feedback Alyse. If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reach out to me personally at community@trulia.com.

Sources:
http://truliablog.com/2012/01/10/trulia-data-pledge-for-list…
http://truliablog.com/2011/03/03/trulia-launches-trulia-dire…
Unfortunately it is failing... Sorry. But that's the truth. I see it increasing on a regular basis. It's just like Craiglsit listings. People think if they list something for $1000 when it's actually $10000 or even $100000 that that's gonna get them advertising exposure. I see it as FALSE ADVERTISING and a waste of my time when I put in search criteria for say $1000 to $10000 for example and that crap shows up and I click on one and find out it's REALLY $100000. It's very sad to say the least...
Flag Thu Nov 29, 2012
Alyse, Home Buyer, 94062
Wed Nov 28, 2012
[To Ron] Yes I'm VERY critical when people do not have integrity, no matter where it is. That's the problem with our current humanity, not enough (should be everyone) people have integrity...

[To Andrew] You don't realize how time consuming that is... There are TONS. You need an employee or IC to do this full time and that may still not be enough.

[To Tim] Apparently you are very right. They just go into business and put up a site. Doesn't mean it's accurate... by any stretch of the imagination. Zillow is now just as bad, too. :(
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Tue Nov 27, 2012
Are you as critical and outspoken of the drivel you see every day on Television, on Radio and in Print?
The Car companies offer REBATES; which is their way of saying they were over-charging you to begin with.
The Fast Food Industry offers FAT and Cholesterol on a bun; and you eat it.
The OIL COMPANIES spill more oil than we use; and you still patronize them.
ENRON and their ILK advertise their wears and you invest in them!

And so you choose to attack Trulia?
Your attack is misplaced: You should do more homework before you slander.
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Tue Nov 27, 2012
That's what you get when you use a free site. You get what you pay for I guess. You should contact an agent in the area you want to move to and let them send you listings. Try that for awhile and see how it works.