The "List a rental property" function invalidly posts my craigslist ad in Orlando, instead of Tampa (where I live).

Asked by Dale Chaney, Thu Mar 1, 2012

I searched for a place to communicate this to the developers, but, alas, there's no feedback link (which makes it difficult).

I could not find anything in my Trulia Profile where I could set a craigslist default, either. I also tried "craigslist.org" (no city specified), and it correctly defaulted to my home city. So, I assume that wherever Trulia is getting its default city, is improper.

Additionally, I can find no way to override the orlando.craigslist.org default, once I am in cragslist. So, I suspect that it's being hard coded in Trulia.

Answers

5
heatherkanes…, , Tampa, FL
Sat Jun 8, 2013
I just entered all the details on my Tampa, Florida condo and clicked to post to Craigslist. It automatically assigned it to "Orlando Craigslist"!!!
Why? There is no way to edit or correct this. Very frustrating.
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Fri Mar 2, 2012
Ah, thanks so much for the clarification Dale. I'll get our team on this today.

Emily
Dale Chaney, Other Pro,
Fri Mar 2, 2012
Emily,

In answer to your request,....

I never had a Tampa listing. I tried a couple of times to post the New Port Richey listing, but it always goes to Orlando.cragslist.org, instead of Tampa.craigslist.org.

What I'm looking for is "where is the craigslist posting city defined?". I have not been able to determine how the Trulia app determines "where" to post a craigslist ad. I used "craigslist.org" (no city specified) from my browser, and it correctly defaulted to the Tampa site. Therefore, the problem must be somewhere in the Trulia app.

Thanks...
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Thu Mar 1, 2012
Hi again Dale,

I checked your account, but I only see a rental property listed in New Port Richey, FL. Did you delete the Tampa listing or is it the New Port Richey listing that is being posted to the wrong location?

If you can clarify, I'd appreciate it. Also, if you'd like to speak with someone about this over the phone, feel free to give us a call at 888-466-3501 Monday - Friday 7am to 4pm PST.

Best Wishes,

Emily
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Thu Mar 1, 2012
Thank you for alerting us about this Dale. I will alert our team and hopefully they can get a fix out soon.

Emily
Hello. It appears that over a year later, this issue is still not fixed? Do you work for Trulia?
Flag Sat Jun 8, 2013