Question Details

pittman_steve, Both Buyer and Seller in Collbran, CO

Suggestions of using Trulia to trade my 80 ac SE Texas ranch for ranch/land in western Colorado?

Asked by pittman_steve, Collbran, CO Wed Nov 28, 2012

My 80 acre ranch in SE Texas has a blend of income producing timber, hay meadows for pasture or hay growth, open space and heavily treed forests. A 2br/2bath home, a 50X50 barn/shop and a 30 X32 greenhouse. The property is very well fenced and cross fenced. Two modest ponds for livestock and wildlife watering and numerous feed stations for the wildlife.

The 2br/2bath home is approximately 1400 sqft. A lofted ceiling with windows on two sides makes the great room a wonderful place to sit and oversee the largest hay meadow. The master suite is 14X28 and includes a walk-in closet and master bath with tub/shower combination. A 9X50 porch makes for a great gathering place across the front of the home.

Timber is mature and could be harvested at any time, or left to continue present growth. Approximately 50 5X5 round bales can be produced from the hay meadows. The soil is sandy loam and is perfect for a horse operation.