Suggestion: notifications when the question asker "replies" to your answer.

Asked by , Fri Jan 4, 2013

Since the option to "reply" to a specific answer has been added, I notice a lot of the question asker's (yes I made that word up) choose to hit the "reply" button to add details, rather than "Answer the question". It makes sense to do so, however there doesn't appear to be a way for us professionals to get a notification on when they do that. Can a notification for "replies" be added to your software?

Answers

19
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Sorta but better. Give me a call at 760 815-6977 or email me at onthelevel@cox.net and I'll fill you in.
, ,
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Hey John - about infill properties, like vacant land/properties?
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
OK Shane, I just gave you 3 thumbs up! When RU going to answer my question?
Katie Daire, Home Owner, Piedmont Pines, Oakland, CA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Hi Shane -

Katie from Trulia here. Thanks for the feedback! We'll take another look at the triggers for notifications and make sure this is on a future feature list.

Thanks!
, ,
Fri Jan 18, 2013
You know, it just might help!
Sinead McAll…, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Fri Jan 18, 2013
Do you think if I flagged your question, Trulia would look at it? LOL
, ,
Fri Jan 18, 2013
Thanks Ruth & Perry - I'd rather be stubborn and complain here though :)
Ruth and Per…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Fri Jan 18, 2013
Hi Shane

Call Trulia Customer support.

Best regards
Perry
Web Reference:  http://www.ruthandperry.com
, ,
Fri Jan 18, 2013
Where is Trulia to respond to this stuff? Hello EMILY???
Sinead McAll…, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Mon Jan 7, 2013
Yes the "reply" function is useless! I assume the person who asks a question doesn't get notification either. I usually reply and answer, redundant and annoying, but probably necessary!
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Fri Jan 4, 2013
Shane, BTW my partner and I are looking for some infill properties to build out. Don't go out of your way but if you happen to trip over some steals up your way pass them along. We just want to build them out and you can peddle them.
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Fri Jan 4, 2013
Shane, I'm still confused. It's past my bedtime. What in the heck are you doing playing online this late on a Friday night? guess I could ask myself the same question. Hee hee.
, ,
Fri Jan 4, 2013
Hah John! I see you replied to my last reply, which was really an answer, so I think the confusion will end with this reply, or answer, whichever it is.
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Fri Jan 4, 2013
Now I'm really confused. Where's my reply? It was there before I hit the answer tab and now it's gone. Does it go back to you? Sorry for looking so pathetically stupid on this but this is a first for me. LOL!
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Fri Jan 4, 2013
Shane, I guess I haven't hit the pro ranks yet because I'm still not getting it. What exactly is the reply for and how is it any different than leaving an answer in this box?
, ,
Fri Jan 4, 2013
Yeah it's pretty pointless in my opinion to have Trulia employees ask questions that have already been asked here before. I guess for rookies it gives them a chance to answer questions/build their "answer" count, but for us pro's I think we find it to be more of an annoyance.
Duh! Now I get it. This is actually the first time I've ever even seen the reply prompt let alone used it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Flag Fri Jan 4, 2013
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Fri Jan 4, 2013
Maybe if we had more things like that; then we wouldn't need Trulia asking and answering their own questions.
Maybe.
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Fri Jan 4, 2013
That's a good question Shane. Would you mind keeping me in the loop on that one?
Sinead McAll…, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Yes, flagging it worked! (Kind of)