Problem with "jumpy" screen persists in answering questions - so distracting & frustrating, to Trulia - can you solve?

Asked by Jeanne Feenick, Basking Ridge, NJ Mon Apr 5, 2010

Answers

26
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Thu Apr 8, 2010
Rock - I got a new computer a few months ago..it came with 7, and I was nervous (I don''t take to change very well, and I am not tech savy ( hah, that's a joke - I can hardly turn the computer off properly I need to burn a cd with photos from my recent flood - I will have to have my son come home to do it for me...what I am trying to say, is.....I am pathetic computer-wise).

Tell Mrs Rock not to worry - Happy to announce, however, that I am used to 7..........my new computer and I are getting along nicely!
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Wed Apr 7, 2010
So frustrating - I see my response didn't open below!

I tried to tell you, Rock, that now my avatars aren't opening, either.....only red "x's".........must be a contagious disease!
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Mon Apr 5, 2010
Thanks everybody - not sure what the problem is but it definitely is frustrating - off thing is it doesn't happen all the time.

Jeannie
Web Reference:  http://www.feenick.com
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Wed Apr 7, 2010
Well, Rock - I guess it's contagious, as now my "avatars" aren't opening, either - just a red x !
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Wed Apr 7, 2010
I figure the problem is trulia is overloaded. You know how they have said they have x many million visitors? Well, the computers get overloaded and do not handle that many well. The pages take to long to load and things act funky. I could be wrong but that is how it is acting.
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Wed Apr 7, 2010
Hi Deb, me too, seems to hang for a long time when I open a question... Emily, we need your help!
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Wed Apr 7, 2010
Boy, I don't know what it is, but tonight I am having trouble getting the questions to open....I have to try a few times, and then, when it finally starts to open, it takes much longer than usual!
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Wed Apr 7, 2010
Jeanne .....the jumpy screen happens once the answer box is filled in completely,, and you continue typing.

For me, anyway, it doesn't bounce until the box is full............for example, now it is calm and serene.........as this is a short response!
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Wed Apr 7, 2010
Ah Dan has returned, started to worry a bit since I hadn't seen an answer to my call to top trulia voices including Dan Chase...anyway, you may have a point Dan...perhaps the "jumpy screen" is related to Trulia squirming in its seat over the injustice of your VIP positioning vis-a-vis others.

To Robin,yes, I agree, the "jumpy screen" generally happens to me on longer answers.

I've not had the problem with the blank screen, though I do bump in to lengthy delays when posting at times.
Web Reference:  http://www.feenick.com
Dianne Hicks, Agent, Rancho Bernardo, CA
Wed Apr 7, 2010
It has been going on for more than a month, I think... hasn't Debbie. For me it is after typing around a paragraph. I do think it is related to Internet explorer because I have to switch between internet explorer and fire fox depending on my problem. Spell check does not always work in the blogging area.
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Wed Apr 7, 2010
Thank you all for being so quick to reply! =)

I'll sync up with Louis and we'll figure out what's going on.

~Emily
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Wed Apr 7, 2010
I had to retype a response 3 times last night,but then smartened up (what a genius I am) and copied it before hitting "answer"......the 4th time was the charm.
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Wed Apr 7, 2010
Emily, seeing blank replies has been happening for at least a few weeks. I even sent Louis a screenshot of it.
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Wed Apr 7, 2010
Yes Rock - Frank's cute little face is visible to me!

Hi Emily - to answer your question - it has been happening in the past few weeks, but not all the time.
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Wed Apr 7, 2010
Actually, for those of you who reported the answer-display issue, has this been occurring only today or have you been dealing with that for a longer period of time?

Emily
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Wed Apr 7, 2010
Hi All,

We have been experiencing some photo issues today which should account for the problems that rockinblu mentioned below. Those problems should be resolved later this evening if not sooner.

We however are not aware of a problem that would cause answers not to display once posted. I'll alert our engineers about that and they'll try to replicate the issue, while they also try to replicate this "jumpy" screen problem as well.

Thank you all for your patience while we work through these bugs.

~Emily
Robin Silver…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Garden City, NY
Wed Apr 7, 2010
I have found this also, and agree it is very frustrating. The interesting thing is that it doesn't usually happen on a short post, only on a long one. I use some kind of Windows for business, not sure which one. It's whatever they give me.
Sometimes if you are supposed to type in the secret word and don't do it, there will be a blank post, or you will use your post.
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Wed Apr 7, 2010
I just figured out WHY the screen is so jumpy. <evil grin>

Trulia's programs realize how bad the vip program and the find a pro best match are and can't sit still any longer. <laughs> How could a good program sit still knowing that kind of injustice exists on the sam computer?
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Wed Apr 7, 2010
Debbie, that happens to many people. The funny thing is the answer shows up later. I saw it and when I refreshed the page a bit later the reply was there. It appears trulia has internal lag when posting replies at times.
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Wed Apr 7, 2010
Hi Rock
has this been happening to anyone else.........I type in a response...hit "answer" and nothing appears in the space..............just a blank space in the answer column with my picture and name? (Is this what you were referring to rock)?? Also, when I go to respond, I often have to click on "answer" twice before the answer box stays in place.

Lots of glitches going on..........
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Mon Apr 5, 2010
Just to add to this if it helps - I use Windows 7 and internet explorer............ I never had a problem with the "jumping" screen until I first reported it a few months ago..............it came out of nowhere!

and thanks, Jerry, but my cell phone is not nearby!
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Mon Apr 5, 2010
Hi Jeanne,

We have been attempting to duplicate and fix this problem since Debbie reported it to us a while back but we've been unable to replicate the issue thus far. Can you let us know which browser and version you are using so we can investigate further?

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Mon Apr 5, 2010
Debbie Rose and a few others have that same problem. So far trulia has no fix for it.
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Mon Apr 5, 2010
I use safari. It never has that kind of problem. The best part is it includes a spell checker. That saves me dozens of typos a day. The bookmark part is funky. Once you get used to it it is better than IE. The bookmark toolbar allows you to put your most popular sites in easy reach.

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/
Jerry Barker, Agent, Atlantic City, NJ
Mon Apr 5, 2010
If your cell phone is close to your moniter and you are receiveing text messages or phone calls, this will make your screen jump around a bit. This may not be what your experiencing but I thought i'd throw it out there cause that happened to me.
Web Reference:  http://www.sjrates.com
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Mon Apr 5, 2010
Jeanne:

It might be your browser. I use Windows at work and (usually) Chrome at home. I don't have a problem with Windows, but I do have the "jumpy" screen with Chrome. Having said that, hopefully there's something that Trulia could do to address the apparent difficulty with users with non-Windows browsers.