Is there an easier way to manage email preferences on a global level, instead of the much more labor-intensive per-property method that's in use?

Asked by Clubsilencio01, Wed Sep 7, 2011

now? There needs to be another tickbox allowing any and all emails to be stopped. I enjoy using this app but since I'm only browsing casually at the moment I'm not interested in getting an individual email for every property that I'm following, and the fact that I've had to go hunting to even figure out how to stop the dozen new emails that have been showing up each day has been frustrating. Yours is a fantastic resource but I can immediately see your email preferences alienating users like myself who are starting to look but don't want to be inundated with emails. I honestly wouldn't even care if those 12 emails had been consolidated into one daily update, but since it felt like I was being spammed I was about to filter all trulia emails and send them right to the trash until I saw the per-property email options. If I had picked 20 properties and the next morning I had that many emails from you, I would have most likely stop using the service entirely. Otherwise I love the app!

Answers

2
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Thu Sep 8, 2011
Hi Clubsilencio01,

I'm afraid that email alerts for homes you are following need to be managed for each property independently at this time. You can do that in the Homes I'm Following section of your account via the link below, or you can simply select the 'Unsubscribe' link located at the bottom of any email you no longer wish to receive.

Allowing for global edits to email alerts is a fantastic idea however, and I've shared that with my colleagues to keep in mind for future development.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or suggestions.

Best Wishes,

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
Angie Simpson, Agent, Studio City, CA
Wed Sep 7, 2011
Clubsilencio,

Trulia is a great application. Here is something that may help. Under your settings select "notifications" and then choose the tab for the property type you are following. You can set the notification frequency to Daily or Weekly - if you change it to weekly that should reduce the number of emails that you receive.

If that does not work for you please contact me and I can set up an account for you on a service called Listingbook. This property search site accesses the same data base that I do (as a realtor) and you can customize searches and follow properties just like on Trulia. A big difference is that if you choose, you can receive one daily update that does consolidate the information on all the properties you are watching and notices of new listings.

Please let me know if you are interested in the Listingbook account and I would be happy to set one up for you.

Angie Simpson
Coldwell Banker
Web Reference:  http://angiesimpson.com