Is there a way to block properties from showing up in a search?

Asked by Mickey Hojdila, Orlando, FL Sat Feb 27, 2010

Example: I search for 3 bed 2 bath at 125k. A house at 123 Main street comes up. I visit the house and decide I do not want to buy it. Can I mark it off and have it invisible on future searches?

Answers

8
Fran and Mark…, Agent, Yardley, PA
Sat Feb 27, 2010
Mickey Hojdila

No. There is no way currently available to remove previously reviewed results. If you don't delegate that to someone else you will have to continue to weed through them. The only other option is to download your results to a data base and eliminate duplicates in the transfer . We have not seen any other way to do this except manualy.

Fran and Mark Redding
Prudential Fox Roach
215-321-3307 Direct
215-504-7500 office
215-208-7169 Cell
mark@franandmark.com
Web Reference:  http://www.franandmark.com
Suzanne Ogden, Agent, Longwood, FL
Sat Feb 27, 2010
Mickey,

Asking a direct question doesn't always get you a direct answer.

I can appreciate your frustration in doing searches as any buyer's agent pretty much has the same experience and it would be much appreciated if someone would come up with a way of eliminating properties that are undesirable within your specific search criteria. I don't know of any real estate websites (including the MLS) that offer this particular option. However, even though it's an imperfect system, you have to appreciate just how far we've come in having instantaneous listing information within seconds. When I entered into real estate sales in 1994, nothing was on computer and we had to search through books that were published weekly. The first real estate computer programs were in Doss format with limited info and no photos and certainly not available to the general public. . Hopefully that bit of history will put it in a better perspective for you.

Good luck to you!

Suzanne Ogden, Realtor
Charles Rutenberg Realty
Web Reference:  http://www.suzanneogden.com
Mickey Hojdi…, Home Buyer, Orlando, FL
Sat Feb 27, 2010
I think I may not have asked correctly. The results are fine and they are coming up with what I want. I have an agent and I send her results. Then I go visit the houses and for one reason or another, they are not what I want.

After that< I want to block those particular houses from the search to clean up the results.
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Mon Mar 1, 2010
Hi Mickey,

Welcome to Trulia Voices and thank you for your question. I think that most who answered below didn't realize that you are asking specifically about removing listings from your search results on Trulia.

I'm afraid that option isn't available on our site at this time, however others have asked for such functionality as well. I'll be sure to share your request with our team and hopefully we'll be able to offer this option to those who use our site in the future.

If you have any other questions or suggestions for us, please let us know.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator
Alan Martin, Agent, Orlando, FL
Sat Feb 27, 2010
well at least now you know that this is not the place for your question. If you have an agent then use your agent and let the rest of us get on with helping our clients or potential clients
Alan Martin, Agent, Orlando, FL
Sat Feb 27, 2010
OK thansk for letting us all know that you have an agent. When you have an agent that is what your agent is for. To answer yiur questions.
Alan Martin, Agent, Orlando, FL
Sat Feb 27, 2010
Hi Mickey

If you tell your realtor PRECICLY what you are looking for then he/she can hook you into the MLS and the system will send you ONLY properties that meet your specifications. Then there will not be any requirement to ' block '

If I can help further the please get in touch

Alan@FronrlineFloridaRealty.com
Troy S. Blan…, , Orlando, FL
Sat Feb 27, 2010
Mickey,

Yes, you can always manipulate the end results, for Example: if the subject property is wood frame, you might ask for "Block Constrution" only, or all pools, or only houses with fireplaces.

But if your only asking vague questions as your quesion, then you will continue to get the same results, you need to be more specific in your questions, as to what you want and don't want, area, beds/baths/garage/pool/fireplace/block contruction. Be more Specific. The more specific you become in your questions, the amount of homes is less!

Hope this help!

Troy S. Blanchard
Realtor/Consultant

FREE 30 Minute Consultation on Wealth Creation through Real Estate Investments.

Private Funding, Self Directed IRA’s, Equity Redistribution,
1031 Exchanges, Business Development and Sales, Investor Representation,
Equity Partnerships, Asset Protection, Note Broker, Investor
Serving Florida
Since 1990