If Trulia is going to allow questioners to remove their question. . .

Asked by J R, New York, NY Sat May 31, 2008

wouldn't it make sense to remove the entire thread? It leaves a bunch of disconnected answers that make no sense.

Answers

6
Gary De Pury, , Pasco County, FL
Thu Aug 14, 2008
Hmmmmm....Maybe I should start Pasting the entire question into my answers when I am the first responder.....

Naaaaa......

Actually this is a great question and I eagerly await a trulia answer.

Gary De Pury
Broker~Owner
Bay Vista Realty
Chairman, Communications Committee
Greater Tampa Association of REALTORS
Director, Florida Association of REALTORS
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Mon Jun 2, 2008
Hi J.R.:

I think the other reason could be the fact that their questoins are answered, but the quesiton now takes on a life its own - Realtors and consumers alike start to give different answers/opinion to a totally different question than the original one that was intended (sometimes, WAY off). .

My guess is they get frustrated, and just deleted their questions from the public view. However, individual answers can still be seen by the people who posted the answers - but they won't know what they are answering to. This is a shame, I agree, at times. but since the question can't be seen by others, I think it's fine.

Sylvia .
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Mon Sep 15, 2008
When the original poster has removed their question, I have sometimes also removed my answer. Not much point in having an answer hanging there, with no question.
Jolie Muss, , Upper West Side, New York, NY
Mon Sep 8, 2008
Good Question JR!
Maybe Trulia could leave the question but remove the Identity of the questioner...but I agree that it may because they keep getting emails!
Web Reference:  http://joliemuss.com
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Mon Jun 16, 2008
Hi Everyone,

This is a great question and some great input below. I'll be sure to share this with the rest of the Trulia team.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Mon Jun 2, 2008
I suspect many posters remove their questions because they become frustrated w/ email announcements of new answers being reported. If the QP knew they could easily turn off the alerts, I believe we would have fewer questions deleted.

I agree that the answers w/o the questions creates a disjointed chaos. The flip side is that there might be a reference point in the thread for which someone may later search. i.e. Someone wants to find the fable about the dog that JR posted on some thread. If entire threads were deleted, this would cause one to search extensively to no avail.

My alternative suggestion for Trulia............. Create a dialog pop-up box that appears when a QP asks to delete their question. The pop-up would ask the QP if they wished to delete their question, or turn off the email alerts. Surely, some will still delete. Others may be quite content to leave the thread intact, but rid themselves of repeated alerts.

My 2 cents, plus.

Deborah