Using Trulia in New Rochelle>Question Details

Tammy Benkwi…, Real Estate Pro in Somers, NY

I may have been hacked in Trulia and wondering if this has happened to others?

Asked by Tammy Benkwitt, Somers, NY Wed Jun 13, 2012

I am an agent. The other day I started receiving calls from other agents responding to my supposed request for information via Trulia about a town where I work. Of course I did NOT make this request. Trulia customer service could not explain what happened. I have since changed my password, but this was embarassing. Wondering if anyone else out there has has this experience?

Answers

4
We posted a rental on Truila and it's being hacked. Shows up at several different prices and the contact changes. Seattle. 10/18/2013
Many in my address book have been hacked seemingly by trulia as well. The email starts out as "Hi" and then sends a list of homes from oddball areas in which they would have no interest. But the point is, I didn't send any emails out to these people. All I DID do was search trulia for some properties on my own. Needless to say, I won't be back on trulia at all.
Tammy, do you work on a shared computer at all? I ask because this sounds like a few cases I've come across in which an agent in an office fails to log out of his or her account and another agent in that same office starts using Trulia without realizing they are still logged into that former agent's account.

Also, in the past we sent out some emails to real estate professionals that automatically logged them into their accounts. We explicitly stated that these emails should not be forwarded, but that didn't stop many from doing so in any case We discontinued those emails several months ago because of this.

My best guess is that one of these issues is to blame. Let us know if you have any more information that might shed more light on the situation. You can feel free to email me directly and I'll forward that information to the appropriate parties that can help.

Emily
Not here but its very possible you were. Unfortunately there are scammers on Trulia, they pose as buyers or sellers and post questions etc.

Chris