I'm selling my apartment in NYC and saw that someone posted a question about buying in NYC, am I allowed to answer saying that my aptmt is for

Asked by Michele, Marlboro, NJ Tue Aug 9, 2011

sale?

Answers

16
Jennifer Chi…, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Aug 9, 2011
I would post some photos too if you can. Or at least ask the buyer for his email so you can send some photos.

Jennifer A. Chiongbian
SVP/ Associate Broker
Rutenberg Realty NYC
9172502284
Karyn Hudgen…, Agent, Monroe, NY
Fri Oct 11, 2013
Hi Michellercr3- I see that you have been trying to sell your apartment for over a year. Did you know you would get more buyers interested if you had it with a realtor. Realtors are trained in just that....getting your property SOLD! They have a network they work with to find the right buyer for your apartment. I understand that you are trying to save money by NOT paying a commission, but, you obviously are having trouble selling and in the end have now paid mortgage payments, taxes and utilities for a whole year.
NAR has done a study showing how using a realtor can actually save you money in the long run by getting your property sold rather than sitting on the market for a year.
Do yourself a favor and list with a realtor. If you would like the name of someone in NYC that will get it done, give me a call 845-591-4724
Ivan Cardona, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Oct 10, 2013
Are you selling your apartment as a FSBO (For Sale By Owner)?
Ben Willig, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Aug 1, 2013
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. You can reach me @

Ben Willig

Anchor Associates
(609) 709-9560
ben@anchornyc.com
Ivana Nikolic, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Aug 16, 2011
where is your property listed?
Karyn Hudgen…, Agent, Monroe, NY
Wed Aug 10, 2011
Hi Michelle,
As I and you can see you have gotten the answer to your questions many times. My name is Karyn Hudgens-Gorman and now I too will try to get your business! LOL am an Agent with Weichert Realtors and we can help you through the whole process of selling you apartment, getting a mortgage approval, finding the perfect home for you in Orange County (which by the way is where I live,in the Newburgh, and even help you move in! Truly a One stop shopping company.:)
Orange County is a great area which is close enough to get to NYC in about an hour and peaceful enough to enjoy the country. I moved up here 23 years ago from SI and love it as I know you will too. Please feel free to call me 845-591-4724. I would love to help you.
Sofia Faller…, , New York, NY
Wed Aug 10, 2011
Yes, you can post your answer. However, the best way to market your apartment and make it available to the whole brokerage community and the general public is to list it with a real estate broker. It will make the process a lot smoother, as long as you pick a responsive and competent agent. Feel free to contact me. I would be happy to assist you. I am an agent with brown Harris stevens.

Sofia Falleroni
Brown Harris stevens
445 park ave suite 11 floor
New York NY , 10022
445 park avenue 11 floor
Kris Mager, Agent, Middletown, NJ
Tue Aug 9, 2011
Michelle I see you are buying in Marlboro. If you don't have an agent already we would love to help you find a home! You can contact either of us anytime.
Kris 917-414-7807
Amy 848-219-4003
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Middletown NJ
Lynne Figman, , New York, NY
Tue Aug 9, 2011
Michelle, I came late to the party (the lawyers usually do..but we are always the last to leave!). Sure..you *should* mention it. Feel free to ask me any other questions. Regards, Lynne
Mitchell Hall, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Aug 9, 2011
Hi Michellecr3

Yes, You want your apartment exposed to as many potential buyers as possible. More exposure equals more offers. The price you get is a function of the marketing you choose. If you have not listed with a broker yet and need help with a marketing strategy please feel free to contact me.

Mitchell Hall, Associate Broker
The Corcoran Group
917-312-0924
mhall@corcoran.com
Chris Trunell, , New York, NY
Tue Aug 9, 2011
I don't see how it could hurt. They don't like over the top advertising, but that's generally what people are using the site for. Let me know if you need any assistance what so ever.
Chris
646-408-8048
ctrunell@ccrny.com
Michele, Home Buyer, Marlboro, NJ
Tue Aug 9, 2011
Thank you everyone for your help
Lisa Conway, , New York, NY
Tue Aug 9, 2011
Are you selling your apartment on your own or with a broker? If you are marketing it on your own and would like help in the future if you are having trouble please contact me at 917-750-3088. Best, Lisa Conway, SVP Halstead Property
Kris Mager, Agent, Middletown, NJ
Tue Aug 9, 2011
Absolutely! And if your home is listed with a realtor you can always tell the potential buyer to contact your agent if they are intersted!
Margaret Has…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Tue Aug 9, 2011
Yes. Certainly. If you can find his post, you can answer it.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Aug 9, 2011
Yes you can mention your apartment is for sale....