I'm eligible for VIP status ... how do I get it?

Asked by Alex Krumm, Sarasota, FL Tue Sep 27, 2011

According to Trulia, I'm now eligible for VIP status. I don't see this status on any of my activity. Is there an extra step I have to take to be eligible?

Answers

11
Jeffery Sklar, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Sep 27, 2011
Alex,

Congratulations. It is active members such as yourself that makes this website great!

Jeffrey Sklar
Broker
Southern Nevada Property Management
8871 West Flamingo Road Suite 202
Las Vegas, NV 89147
702-522-6764 Office
702-408-6470 Cell
888-203-2779 Fax
http://www.WeRentVegas.com
jeff@snevpm.com
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Tue Sep 27, 2011
Hi Alex,

There are two components required to become a Trulia VIP. The first is that you need to amass 3,000 points, and the other is that you need to post at least 20 contributions (questions, answers, blogs or comments) within 30 days.

It looks like you've got the right number of contributions in 30 days, however you still need to earn more points. Check out the link below to learn more, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Emily
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Tue Sep 27, 2011
Probably wait until tomorrow when all the numbers reset is my guess! Congrats!!
Jim and Donna…, Agent, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Tue Sep 27, 2011
points, points and points. All the Best!
jim soda
Web Reference:  http://www.jimsoda.com
Lisa Reeves, Agent, Tampa, FL
Tue Sep 27, 2011
VIP status is a combination of eligibility and getting enough points to hit a plateau. If you go to your profile on the left side is a box with options. Pick more so that "voices activity" shows. Under "voices activity" are two options "contributions" and "trulia voices alert". If you look at "contributions it will show you how many more points you need to get to be a VIP. Took me weeks to figure this out so hopefully this will help you.
Faye Doyle, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Tue Sep 27, 2011
Hi Alex,
You're a VIP to ME!
Melina Tomson, Agent, Salem, OR
Tue Sep 27, 2011
They have two criteria. The eligible side which is how many contributions you have in 30 days, and then your point tally. It might be that you've posted 20 contributions which makes you eligible, but you haven't got the necessary points to get the badge. I have the points to get my VIP 2, but don't have the required 40 contributions in 30 days to get it. You need both.
Edyta Gryc, Agent, Naperville, IL
Tue Sep 27, 2011
Are you sure you reached 3000 points already? I got the same message that I am eligible for VIP 3 BUT once I reach additional (in my case) 14,000 points. You most likely have not reached the points yet. Please check under your profile-my voices activity how many points you have in total.
It may be that the system overlooked it, but in general I got my 2 badges automatically, once I reached the points.
Alex Krumm, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Tue Sep 27, 2011
:( I like badges. I see VIP ribbons on both of your profiles - mine just says 'Pro'. I've been eligible for about a week and haven't seen any changes.
Edyta Gryc, Agent, Naperville, IL
Tue Sep 27, 2011
Alex,
Once you reach certain points level, you will be automatically rewarded with VIP badge, no extra steps needed, only reaching these points.
Please refer to the link below.
Mott Marvin…, Agent, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Tue Sep 27, 2011
Alex:

I'm pretty sure that it is automated once you get to a certain point level. I think trulia® should implement a badge system to fill the space to the right of PRO - VIP - XYX - ABC ~≈~ Everybody LOVES BADGES.