I listed my house using POSTLETS - and I don't see my house come up when I search Trulia?

Asked by Marilyn Whitehouse, South Yarmouth, MA Sat Oct 4, 2008

Answers

4
Not Valid, Agent, Cotuit, MA
Wed Jul 23, 2014
It's always best to utilize a professional (licensed Realtor). If you select the right one, they will effectively and efficiently market your home for sale.

The average home sold by an agent in 2013 was $40,000 higher than a FSBO listing.

That is a big chunk of change, and much more than the average home sale would pay your agent. PROFITS! It's definitely worth it. Some offices even offers a sell it yourself plan, where we allow you to still try to sell it yourself. You only pay a commission if the Realtor sells it; and truth be told, they usually do!
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Mon Oct 6, 2008
Marilyn
Your bigger issue is what happens if your home does not sell? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you really ought to consider a plan B just in case.

Homes sold by owners without professional representation sell to someone they know 5% of the time, 5% of the time to someone they don't know, and 85% of the time they list with an agent.

Homes that are sold sell on average 16% less than those sold by an agent, which make sense when you are only dealing with 10% of the market.

So interview three Realtors, compare their proposals, run the numbers, then you make the call. Good luck.
Keith
PS
If you'd like a referral I have a great agent in that area.
Territory.c…, Agent, MA,
Mon Oct 6, 2008
There is always fine print so you need to be very careful when using online tools like these. Rockinblu is right, there is a light grey footnote that tells you the # "3 For sale by agent/broker listings only" and Trulia and Zillow are marked as #3's.

http://www.territoryre.com/idx/search.html?search=true&s…
Gerry Bourge…, Agent, Leominster, MA
Sat Oct 4, 2008
How long ago did you post the listing?