I got an email in my inbox today telling me 1 trulia user "viewed my profile". I don't have any profile that I know of so what were

Asked by Julie Meyer, San Mateo, CA Thu May 9, 2013

they viewing? Where they viewing my home I bought 4 years ago in Pittsburg, CA? I would like an answer back.

Answers

3
Trulia Custo…, Other Pro, San Francisco, CA
Sat May 11, 2013
Hi Julie,

Niki from Trulia here. Thanks for taking the time to ask about the profile view notification email.

I see you have used the Voices page to ask questions before. Your name appears under your question as the author. You will notice that your name appears in blue to indicate that it is a link. The link is to your profile as a public view, not revealing your email or other contact information, but allowing us to see that you are a "home buyer" and your city and state. Sometimes, to answer your question better a Voices contributor will view your profile.

You can view your profile as others see it by logging in to Trulia, hover your mouse pointer over your name in the top right corner of the page. The site navigation menu will appear as a drop down menu, click on "Profile". Once you are on your profile click on the blue link to the top right, "View profile as others see it".

We are happy to help with any other questions you may have. Please contact us directly at customersupport@trulia.com or calling 1-888-466-3501 Monday - Friday 7am to 4pm PST.
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri May 10, 2013
This is a Truia sales pitch. We all get these. If you upgrade your membership you can obtain the information.
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Thu May 9, 2013
Hi Julie, your Trulia profile is located at:

http://www.trulia.com/voices/profile/Home_Buyer-San_Mateo_CA…

And here's mine: http://www.trulia.com/profile/SteveO

-Steve
If I'm not mistaken, you actually created the Profile in order to ask questions on the Trulia website; is this not true?
Flag Fri May 10, 2013
Hi Steve:

I don'[t own a home in san mateo. Why would my profile be located there and "I want to know what Trulia User viewed my profile if it was a RE agent or not? I own a home in Pittsburg. It makes me very uncomfortable knowing a stranger or anyone can look up my name on Trulia to see what city is typed on a profile on me.

Why as a homeowner do I need a profile anyway on Trulia if I wish to look up my own address or anyone elses? I don't think I need to do that on Zillow or any other RE site?
Flag Thu May 9, 2013