I come back to make a little visit

Asked by J R, New York, NY Thu Feb 17, 2011

and see some of my own Trulia friends, and the first question on the list is "Question Removed by Author", which I always hate to see. Why not just allow the "author" to close the comments, or remove the entire thread? It's kind of strange to see a bunch of answers with no question (like Trulia Jeopardy?). Always been a peeve of mine here.

Answers

5
Michael Emery, , Minneapolis, MN
Thu Feb 17, 2011
I see the same issue on Zillow, where they remove the rantings of one individual but leave the responses of others. It makes folks look like a schizophrenic wandering the streets and talking to themselves.
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Thu Feb 17, 2011
happy to see you back, peeving.
J R, , New York, NY
Mon Feb 21, 2011
Oh Emily, as I always tell you, you are the BEST. :)
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Mon Feb 21, 2011
Hi JR,

Thank you for your post. We are entertaining the idea of allowing a question author to close their question to more comments, and I'll let our team know of the additional support for this idea.

Presently, when a question author deletes their question, the answers still remain because we don't see a reason to penalize those who've answered. Those answers are generally only accessible via the profiles of those who answered, however there is currently a bug in our code that is allowing a removed question to remain on our 'Popular Questions' list. We hope to have that resolved soon.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
J R, , New York, NY
Thu Feb 17, 2011
Thanks Alan, you know how much I like to peeve. :)