I am trying to complete my profile and it says I need to add testimonials. Any idea where I can do that? I have reviews from past clients but can not

Asked by Michelle Payne, Birmingham, MI Fri Oct 12, 2012

Answers

8
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Hi, There is a new format for testimonials. If you have some already written you can input them and then use the option to have an author confirmation email to the person that wrote it. Once they confirm they are the author it will appear on your profile. Otherwise there is a button that says request recommendations, you can send emails to clients for their testimonial.

Chris
Eric Michael, Agent, Northville, MI
Sat Oct 13, 2012
Michelle,

Like the others have said, you need to put them in yourself and then it will send an email to them to "verify" them.

If you're past that part, like I was, and your profile still says 95%, it's because there's a glitch in the system. I had them on the phone for 2 hours trying to figure it out.
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Hi All,

I wanted to let you know that our 'Profile Completeness' module should be updated by the end of this week.

Thanks again for your patience while our team has revamped this tool!

Emily
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Wed Oct 17, 2012
Hi Michelle,

When we made recent updates to profiles on Trulia, we were't able to update the 'Complete Profile' module at the same time, so it's not currently in sync with your current profile activity and likely giving you an incorrect prompt. Testimonial from past clients that professionals could add to their profiles themselves and recommendations posted directly by those clients on profiles used to be separate sections but are now both listed under the Recommendations section.

We apologize for the confusion! We do hope to update this module soon and appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best Wishes,

Emily
Eric Michael, Agent, Northville, MI
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Michelle,

I guess we're all saying the same thing. lol

Maria Quattr…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Oct 15, 2012
You can use preauthorized reviews from another website you may have. However, I would not suggest adding a bunch of reviews all on one day. Even though they are all valid and probably range from a few days old to a few years, it will look as though you just added a bunch of reviews on one day...doesn't look too kosher.
Pam Bava, Agent, Rochester, MI
Fri Oct 12, 2012
You need to have them verified by your past clients to be posted.
Jim Olive, Agent, Key West, FL
Fri Oct 12, 2012
You can use those past reviews, but you need to have them "verify" them so Trulia knows you aren't just making them up (yes, some bad apples have done that and now the rest of us need to pay for it!). The easiest thing is to use "recommendations", which is where you get a few of your past clients to actually sign on and write something up. Easiest to do at the conclusion of a good transaction, but I suppose could be helpful in "keeping in touch" with past clients. Best of luck on Trulia...