Cory Higginb…, Both Buyer and Seller in Topeka, KS

I am selling my home. How do i get on your site?

Asked by Cory Higginbotham, Topeka, KS Wed Mar 12, 2008

Answers

11
Vicki Trembly, Agent, Topeka, KS
Thu Jul 9, 2009
Wow Bob, for someone who doesn't have anything against REALTORS, you sure seem to have something agains REALTORS. lol

for the record. I the last 6 months I have:

helped a potential seller refi so he could stay in his home rather that put it on the market.
negotiated a deal so a couple could buy a $90,000 for $44,000 (at a reduced commission)
and i am currently helping a FSBO stage and market her home.

I guess I'm not like your friends.
Web Reference:  http://www.vickitrembly.com
David Van Noy…, Agent, Leawood, KS
Fri Aug 15, 2008
I think if your friends are truly your friends in real estate you should have this conversation with them...although I do wholeheartedly and respectfully disagree with your entire position. Not because I AM an agent but because I have dedicated my life to providing a valuable service to my clients and if it were just a tax on a service you could provide yourself and get the same benefit it would not be the industry that it is. I would like to think that I could change your mind in a few short sentences but that is doubtful.. I respect your opinion though and thanks for the dialogue .....
Web Reference:  http://www.davidvannoyjr.com
Bobhud, Both Buyer And Seller, Topeka, KS
Fri Aug 1, 2008
David-

I do not have anything against Real Estate Agents. In fact 4 of my friends are Real Estate Agents. I guess I am the "do it yourself" type person. I believe if you have bought and/or sold Real Property at least 3 or 4 times that you should be able to do it yourself with the help of a little team. As long as you have a competent Real Estate Attorney, Tax Adviser and a good Title Company who works together with you as a team. I see no need for a Real Estate Agent, except for getting me information on the MLS or Comps.
As a buyer, I want to get the lowest price possible and that is in direct conflict with how an agent works because most if not all Agents work on commission (please correct me if I am wrong). The higher the price the bigger the dollar signs an Agent sees in his eyes. He/She thrives on getting the highest possible price. How many Agents do you know that will work to get a "Buyer" the lowest possible price on a property? Admit it, an agent would balk at such an idea or concept. Your statement "national statistics support the fact that if you sell with an agent you will net 9% more or 15% overall MORE than if you were to sell it yourself" only proves my point.
Be that as it may, I would recommend a Real Estate Agent to 1st and/or 2nd time sellers and buyers. If fact, I have referred my 1st time home buying friends to my Real Estate Agent friends.
Sorry if I have offended you in any way shape or form.
Bob
David Van Noy…, Agent, Leawood, KS
Thu Jul 31, 2008
Bobhud-

I am not sure where you what you have against real estate agents but what you should understand first is that national statistics support the fact that if you sell with an agent you will net 9% more or 15% overall MORE than if you were to sell it yourself. Selling with an accredited agent is even better, and I didn't note anything in the question that lead me to believe that it was not the direction they need to head.

So no, I don't think the advice (note spelling) will be free, although the initial consultation would be, but I am certain that the call will be a good investment. If you are questioning whether or not I know this agent.......I assure you I do not, and if this particular seller called me I would not consider taking on business in the area nor would I represent a buyer in that area. Pretty close for me is about 30 minutes or less :)

Thanks for the feedback, I enjoy the discussion because there are many misconceptions about the REAL value here! Thanks again....
Mon Jul 28, 2008
David-

Your answer begs this question to be asked. Is a Real Estate agent going to offer free advise on how to market a FSBO property without wanting to get himself in on the sale? I think NOT.
You may not be in Shawnee County, but you are pretty darn close in Johnson County.
David Van Noy…, Agent, Leawood, KS
Mon Jul 28, 2008
Look for a number1agent in your area who can talk to you about marketing. This site is one valuable tool but there are thousands nation wide that people use differently in different demographics. I am not affiliated in any way in Topeka but this is who I would call >>>>

http://www.topekaandlawrencekshomes.com/
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Wed Jun 18, 2008
Hi Bobhud,

I'm sorry that I wasn't more clear with my initial response. I should have indicated that Trulia does not include For Sale by Owner listings within our search results at this time, however if Cory is indeed working with a agent or broker he should direct that person to the link below to submit the listing information to us.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
Wed Jun 18, 2008
Emily & John-
You two are not reading Cory's question correctly. He is using the word (I), meaning himself. Both of his sentences are worded that way. My interpretation of his post, is that he wants to sell his house on own and not with an Agent/Broker and would like the information posted here. He wants to do his own marketing. Now bearing in mind that he posted this question in Mar 08, he may, or may not have sold it by now since this is June. Cory feel free to jump in at anytime here and advise of your situation. He could have also found that site that caters to Home Owners wanting the sell their Home.
Bob
John Ringgold, , Kansas
Tue Jun 17, 2008
If you are looking for an agent to help you in your sale. Coldwell Banker Griffith & Blair post all of our listings on Trulia, Googlebase, and over 20 other national websites.
Web Reference:  http://cbkansas.com
Mon Jun 16, 2008
My 1st impression of this question is that Cory wants to sell his house on his own and NOT use an Agent or a Broker. Emily why are you making the assumption that an agent or broker is needed to sell his house?
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Thu Mar 13, 2008
Hi Cory,

Please direct your agent or broker to the link below to submit your listing to Trulia.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative