Question Details

Adesh Soodeen, Renter in Coral Springs, FL

How do i report scams?

Asked by Adesh Soodeen, Coral Springs, FL Tue Jul 12, 2011

I've gotten three e-mails from different property inquires within two days. They all seem like scams. How can i report these people?

Two of these listings were on Turlia.com. One listing was on Zillow.com. I will list them below.

Answers

26
SCAM #3

From : ronaldadreyfus@yahoo.com

Thanks for your email and interest in renting my house..Actually I resided in
the house with my family before and presently we have moved out due to my
transfer to London UK. Presently my house is still available for rent for $850
USD (rent already includes utilities).You can go by today and take a look if you
like what you see get
back to me asap
I will also want to tell you that the neighborhood is secured
and the people
staying there are good people, i bet you like the neighborhood. I will
Attached the rent application form to you
as soon as you get back to me.

This is the details of the house..
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
Stress
Address:2765 Ne 33Rd Street.
Property Type :Single-Family Home
Bed & Bath: 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath
Liveable Space:~ ~ 1,400 Square Feet
Price / Rate:$850 Per Month
Security Deposit:$850
Pets Allowed: Dogs&Cats

Features
Air Conditioning,Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Fireplace ,Outside Smoking OK,
Washer
& Dryer, Yard.

The house is available for rent at the moment so you are free to move in as soon
as you wish...A Deposit of $850(which happens to be the security deposit) is
required before moving in...Feel free to call me for more information
and
arrangements on how to get the keys and other necessary documents delivered to
you.The house will be available for rent for a period of 3 years so you have a
choice of deciding how long you intend staying there...

Ronald A Dreyfus
+447045729551
+447035902533
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 12, 2011
Report it to the main site where the initial scam occurred. But most importantly file a clam with: The Federal Trade Commission at their main website: ftc.gov

Listed under the "I Would Like To tab," you can file for a refund if you were scammed or file a complaint against the individual or company. The to file a complaint is https://www.ftc.gov/complaint

I almost got scammed myself, The deal was to good to be true. Be careful out there.
CAREFUL !! THIS RESPECT TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR HOMES FOR RENT IN DIFFERENT PAGES (TRULIA MAINLY) A PERSON OR MAYBE MANY TRYING TO DO HAPPEN FOR OWNERS OF THESE HOUSES, INTERCEPTS EMAILS OF REQUEST FOR INFORMATION AND WRITE YOU SAYING THAT THE HOUSE IS AVAILABLE , THAT THEY ARE IN FLORIDA, AFRICA, ETC. USING DIFFERENT NAMES, RICHARD WHITE, DARRAN BREAUX, THEY ASK YOU TO FILL FORMS AND PERSONAL INFORMATION, THEY TELL YOU WILL SEND THE KEYS TO THE HOUSE ONCE DELIVER THE deposit, IN LESS THAN A WEEK I RECEIVED 4 DIFFERENT EMAILS OF THESE CRIMINALS ALL IN THE SAME WAY AND BIBLE VERSES TO YOU RULE, posing as MISSIONARIES BUT THEY ARE NOT, SO OPEN TO ALL EYES AND REPORT THESE RATS !!!
ALL of the Urbandale Iowa listings on Trulia are a SCAM. Take this site down now!
Trulia is completely filled with SCAM operators. Take this site down NOW.
I recently got emailed twice from a josua manahan and he seems to be very pressuring to pay a deposit or something down through a wire transfer. I hate scammers!! And this happened through the trulia app and for a home that was put to lease in Brownsville, Texas.
ALL of these Trulia listings are complete SCAMS. ONLY work with a local, property management company or reputable leasing agent. Anyone who is asking you to "wire" them money or use pre-paid cards are SCAMMERS! Truila is infested with SCAMMERS!
Flag Tue Mar 3, 2015
Also avoid a person called Obsol (337) 214-7910. He had several listings the other day and was reported as fraud.
Please avoid profile/agent by name of Josua (512) 887-8419. He has multiple listings out there for 1/2 the legit price. Please report if you see him, total fruad.
*fraud
Flag Thu Jan 29, 2015
This is a fraudulent scammer:

12421 Grevillea Ave, Hawthorne, CA 90250 Cindy $1000/mo

For rent, google voice # asking to send $ thru mail.
I responded to add for a rental at 10380 NW 48TH Court Coral springs, FL
this was the email I received from the "owner", I checked the broward county property appriaser website - he does not own this home. SCAM!!!!!!

How are you doing today? " You're so very lucky cos i was about approving someone right now before your application came in. Thanks very much for your reply and also i can see your willingness in my house. I have decided to let you live in my house.However if you are ready to rent the house now then that will not be a problem but we will advice you to provide the security deposit of $1000 or how much you know you can be able to afford right now to secure the house and also we will send the keys and document of the house to you via the FEDEX to the address you send to me and the tracking number will be sent to you. Please once again,we are giving you this on trust and do not disappoint us and i promise you that you will love the house. So i am with the below document here with me and i will like to know whether you are ready for the payment.

Here are the contents of the document.

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys

2)Paper/Permanent house form(Containing your reference details)

3)The house documentary file.

4)Payment Receipt.

5)Full address and description of the house

So please get back to me today.
I await your reply ASAP.
Regard and God bless you!!!
YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT: (518) 504-7436

Josua Manahan Family
Walk in Obedience to God. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. Romans 5:19
I got this exact same email, word for word for a house in Ft Worth, TX except the name was The Dickson Family. I knew this was a scam when I saw it because I know the neighborhood. He wanted a money gram for 1,000.00. I stopped and got a form, emailed him how excited I was to be renting his beautiful home and I had sent the moneygram for 1,000.00. Gave him the money gram number, of course there will be no record of that number cause I didn't send this idiot any money. I bet he couldn't get to the store fast enough. It probably won't stop him from doing this but at least it took up his time and burst his bubble thinking he hooked another sucker. Think again Dickson! Everyone should do this and lets mess with these thieves, besides, it was fun.
Flag Thu Feb 12, 2015
A lie: Canvas LA at 138 N Beaudry Ave lists it's max price at 2,700 for a 3-bd but in fact charges almost $5,000. XIX this!!!
Hi Adesh,

Niki from Trulia Customer Service here. We are excited you are using Trulia for your home search.

Fraudulent rental listings are an industry wide problem. We have filters that automatically block some listings from posting to our site. For the listings that you suspect are fraudulent, please use the "flag" option on the property details page to bring the listing to our rental fraud teams attention.

We are actively working to filter out fraudulent listings from our site and appreciate your patience as we continually refine our process.

If you would like to pursue this matter further, we encourage you to report this issue to the FBI using their online form (link below):

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

If you continue to find similar properties or have additional questions, please contact http://www.trulia.com/help/ask/.
SCAM ALERT! There is a listing for a house rental at 744 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica for $1,200 a month, It's a big scam by the "Lagos gang" as they are known. It should be law that all these rentals get checked out by Trulia or Craigslist before they list them for the public.
this was the 2nd scam......
and all in 2 days.

How are you doing today?Thanks for the email and interested in renting my house..Actually I resided in the house with my family before and presently we have moved out due to my transfer to London UK . Presently my house is still available for rent for $1,250 (rent already includes utilities).You can go by today and take a look if you like what you see get back to me asap I will also want to tell you that the neighborhood is secured and the people staying there are good people, i bet you like the neighborhood. I will Attached the rent application form to you as soon as you get back to me.

This is the details of the house..
Location: Pomona, CA 91767
Stress Address:1944 Wildrose,
Property Type: Single Family Home
Liveable Space:1,500 sqft
Bed & Bath:3 Bedroom, 1½ Bath
Price / Rate:$1,250 Per Month
Security Deposit:$1,250
Pets Allowed: Dogs&Cats

Features
Air Conditioning, Fireplace, Refrigerator, Dishwasher,Microwave, Garage, Washer & Dryer, Yard.

The house is available for rent at the moment so you are free to move in as soon as you wish...A Deposit of $1,250(which happens to be the security deposit) is required before moving in...Feel free to call me for more information and arrangements on how to get the keys and other necessary documents delivered to you.The house will be available for rent for a period of 3 years so you have a choice of deciding how long you intend staying there...

Regards
Angie I Fuentes
+447045729551
This is also another one. He only calls private and doesn't even sound like he speaks perfect English. #1 SCAMMMM!!!!!!!

Dear Renter,

House Address: (9614 Helena Ave.Montclair CA 91763)

Property
is available for move in at the moment for $1500 for the month rent
and$1000 for the security deposit (Refundable After Lease period , As
long as there are no damages on property after inspection) . For
immediate move in you would be required to make total payment of $2500.
But if you are not moving in Immediately you would be required to make a
down payment of $1000 for the security deposit Non- negotiable to hold
property till desired move in date.

Unfortunately I would not be
present in person to show the property due to a job transfer and don't
have a local rep due to limited time so if you are interested in renting
property and willing to work with me despite my absence then I would
email the necessary papers for the lease to you,
for necessary endorsement. You would be required to fill a rental
application which is been attached to this email, if you are interested
in renting then lets begin the rental process.

NOTE:You can go by the house at your leisure time,all amenities intact and working in perfect conditions..

Details of the house below.

Location;Montclair CA 91763
Street Address:9614 Helena Ave
Property Type: Single Family House
Bed & Bath: 5 Bedroom, 3 Bath
liveable space: 2,279 Square Feet
Price / Rate: $1500 Per Month
Lease Term: 12 Month
Security Deposit: $1000
Pets Allowed: Cats, Dogs...pet fee $150

Features:

Air
Conditioner BBQ Furnished Courtyard Cover Parking Deck Dishwasher
Walk-in Closet Dog Run Disposal Fenced Yard Microwave Patio Refrigerator
Playground Finish Basement Security Skylight Television Yard Garage
Storage Washer/Dryer High Speed Internet Cable and all
utilities are included

Rent Includes:

Electricity Garbage High Speed Internet Water Cable Landscaping Gas Telephone

The
house is available for rent at the moment so you are free to move in as
soon as you wish...A Deposit of $1000 (which happens to be the security
deposit) is required before moving in...Feel free to email me on how to
get the keys and other necessary documents delivered to you.The house
will be available for rent for a period of 3 years so you have a choice
of deciding how long you intend staying there...

David R Johnson
Just to let people know, there is a house posted in Trulia FOR RENT # 2208 Hobart St Union, NJ that I am suspecting it is a SCAM because you can't find any contact numbers, besides it has an external website link where there is in fact a phone number but it is a business trying to collect $$ from your call. I noticed later that the same house is for sale, so I contacted the agent and they don't know anything about the rental , so please , if you are searching for rentals in NEW JERSEY (Union area) be aware of this listing!
Believe me, these sites know....

Unfortunately, this is an issue that is rampant in these public forums. One that is constantly being monitored and eliminated but as Scott states, they seem to be appearing at a faster rate than they can be identified and removed.

You are not alone with this concern.
I received the same scam response today:

Hello ,

How are you doing today?Thanks for the email and interested in renting my house..Actually I resided in the house with my family before and presently we have moved out due to my transfer to London UK . Presently my house is still available for rent for $1,000 (rent already includes utilities).You can go by today and take a look if you like what you see get back to me asap I will also want to tell you that the neighborhood is secured and the people staying there are good people, i bet you like the neighborhood. I will Attached the rent application form to you as soon as you get back to me.

This is the details of the house..
Location: Jacksonville FL 32226
Stress Address:13937 Nations Eagle Lanet,
Property Type: Single Family House
2,256 sqft
Bed & Bath:4 Bedroom, 3 Bath
Price / Rate:$1,000 Per Month
Security Deposit:$1,000
Pets Allowed: Dogs&Cats
Features
Air Conditioning, Fireplace, Refrigerator, Dishwasher,Microwave,Family Room, Breakfast Nook, Garage, Washer & Dryer, Yard.

The house is available for rent at the moment so you are free to move in as soon as you wish...A Deposit of $1,000(which happens to be the security deposit) is required before moving in...Feel free to call me for more information and arrangements on how to get the keys and other necessary documents delivered to you.The house will be available for rent for a period of 3 years so you have a choice of deciding how long you intend staying there...
Regards

Craig A Keith
+447045729551
+447035902533
Thanks for your email and interest in renting my
house..Actually I resided in the house with my family before and
presently we have moved out due to my transfer to London UK.
Presently my house is still available for rent for $1,250 (rent
already includes utilities).You can go by today and take a look if you
like what you see get back to me asap
I will also want to tell you that the neighborhood is
secured and the people staying there are good people, i bet you like
the neighborhood. I will Attached the rent application form to you as
soon as you get back to me.

This is the details of the house.
Location: Vegas, NV 89148
Stress Address:64 Daisy Springs Ct,Las
Property Type :Single Family Home
Liveable Space:~ 2,405 Square Feet
Bed & Bath: 4 Bedroom, 2½ Bath
Price / Rate:$1,250 Per Month
SecurityDeposit:$1,250
Pets Allowed: Dogs&Cats

Features
Air Conditioning, Fireplace, Refrigerator,Dishwasher, Garage, Refrigerator,Washer & Dryer, Outside Smoking OK Yard.

The house is available for rent at the moment so you are free to move in as
soon as you wish...A Deposit of $1,250 (which happens to be the security
deposit) is required before moving in...Feel free to call me for more
information and arrangements on how to get the keys and other necessary
documents delivered to you.The house will be available for rent for a
period of 3 years so you have a choice of deciding how long you intend
staying there...

Maria A Valencerina
+447045729551
+447035902533
This response seemed suspicious. I googled their phone number: 16307337825 and found various listing from around the country linked to it. Please advise...

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Carla J Wells wrote:

Hello

We are pleased that you have an interest in our house; our lovely home is still available for lease and we want responsible adults/family that are neat and also believe that they have what it takes to take care of our house as if it were theirs. My wife and I initially had it upfor sale but had a change of mind in leasing it out ourselves because the agent that was in charge of our rental property was asking too much of an agent fee and also making it difficult for people who cannot afford the rent, stay away from renting my house.

The reason why our house is up for lease is because I got transferred from my place of work to Atlanta GA, I will be away with my family for at least 4 years because of the love I have for them, I have decided not to sell our house and also assuring them that we only have few years to spend here and will be willing to lease it out to person/family who is willing to assure us of taking absolute care of our home and pay their rent on time. I will start by telling you more in regard me and my family. I have a daughter named Leslie (20yrs) who attends University of Atlanta GA as a medical student, she has a lot going for her and she is also down to earth in all that she does to keep us happy and when she is back home on vacation, she also assist her mom in the house work when am at work. I work as a Robotic Programmer & Welder/Fitter here in Atlanta GA and got married to a lovely wife who is a member of Joyce Meyer Ministries. We will be very pleased if we can find the right tenant to rent our home, a person who is a clean freak and does not tolerate anything that has to do with dirty... We also would like to know
more about you and your family, your renting experience and how long and when you plan moving into our home. These 2bedrooms and 1baths home are very.

Below is the rental property address:

House Address
Appleton Way, Venice, Los Angeles, CA 90291

Monthly Fee; $1,800
Security Deposit: $700

Pets Allowed:
Available: Available Now for move in.

So pleas get back to me today
I await your reply.

The rental fee is inclusive with utilities and my
home available as at this moment.

God Bless You.
Carla J Wells & family
I too just got a fake reply from this same person using the same phone number about a house on hotpads though... Not sure if the same person using this greensboro house is posting on here, but I found it on other sites too. I just found this scam report post by doing a search of the fraud's phone number. This is very upsetting.

"Hello Sarah,

Presently my house is still available for rent for $795 (rent
like what you see get back to me asap
soon as you get back to me.

This is the details of the house..
Location: Greensboro, NC 27410
Stress Address:6894 Ironwood Cir.
Property Type :Single Family Home
Liveable Space:~1,209 Square Feet
Bed & Bath: 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath
Price / Rate:$795 Per Month
SecurityDeposit:$795
Pets Allowed: Dogs&Cats

Features

soon as you wish...A Deposit of $795 (which happens to be the security
staying there...

Bradley P Armistead
+447045729551
+447035902533"
Hi Adesh and As3003,

Thank you for alerting us about these scams. I have been able to locate two of these listings on our site and they will be removed from our site shortly.

Please note that we are aggressively working to tackle these scams right now and will soon be rolling out new features that should help curb this.

In the meantime, if you come across any other listings that you believe are scams, please use the 'Report error' button on the property page to alert our team about them.

Thank you so much for your assistance!

Best Wishes,

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
It is a scam. Today I received the following email from this person:
Hi

Thanks for being interested in renting my House,which is located at :(house photo 3358 NW 198th Ter, Miami Gardens FL), in a quite and safe area. My plan before was to sell the house but my wife suggested we put it on rent and we only need someone that can take absolute care of the house in our absence because right now we are not in state we just secured a contract in London of which we will not be back until after 2years. We initially handed the house to an agent, but it was quite expensive dealing with the agent so we requested for our keys and the house documents back. we have decided to handle it ourselves as this will give us the opportunity to know whom we are renting our house to. If you notice, you will discovered that the price we are offering is far below standard price, this is enough for you to know that we are not after the rental fee but the absolute care for the property,am here with the house keys and document. If you know that you have a good reference and a good credential you can email me back to secure and occupy my house at my absent.

General house description:

**CORP OWNED FORECLOSURE** FHA OKAY. Great Condition two level Fee Simple Townhouse with 1 car garage. Brand new paint, wood floors, updated kitchen, 3 full bedrooms, private fenced yard, GATED COMMUNITY, right near all shopping, stadium, and transportation. Pet allow

Hope you are Okay with the rent fee of $900 per month and a $400 Earnest security Deposit to Hold Property , get back to me asap because i need a tenant urgently and i can also forward the application form to you, if you are interested.
Have a nice day also if you will like to call me here is my number in UK(+447024085896).

Best Regard

I also found this property on Turlia.com
SCAM #2

From : Thomas Buttler tbuttler42@gmail.com

Hello, how do you do? Thanks for the interest in my House,my
house is still available for rent and is located at:9403 NW 81st Ct,
Tamarac FL, quite and safe I only need someone that can take good care
of the house at my absence because right now am not around i just
secured a contract in London of which i will not be back until after
2years. We already put the house on for sale but we later now decide
to put it on for rent and all ads on sale will be remove very soon and
updated. I am here with the house keys and document,i tried to look
for management before i left but couldn't get any in time.If you know
that you have a good reference and a good credential you can email me
back to secure and occupy my house at my absent.

Hope you are Okay with the rent fee of $970 per month and a $400
Earnest security Deposit to Hold Property , get back to me asap
because i need a tenant urgently and i can also forward the
application form to you, if you are interested. Have a nice day also
if you will like to call me here is my number (+447024085896).

Best Regard
Thomas & Kate

My Response - Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Is it possible to schedule a viewing of the house? I'm interested in renting from you but I won't be able to do so until I can view the interior.

Their Response - Alright you have no problem regarding the inside you can only view it till when the key is with you since the keys are right here with me. I hope you can understand and also if you don't mind i can email you the picture of the inside along with the application form for you to see
how beautiful the inside his. if is okay by you, You let me know.

Look forward to read from you soonest.

Kate.
SCAM #1

Hello

Thanks for your interest regarding our house, yes our home is still available for rent, we are looking for a responsible and neat person or a family whom we could trust and rely on with our property, a family that will handle our property as if it were theirs. We initially had our home for sale before leaving for NY but with my husband's decision we decided not to sell but put it up for lease since we won't be spending more than 4 years here in Albany, we lost the agent that helped us take care of our home to cancer late December 2010 and leaving the house empty is not a good option for us.We will be handling everything ourselves if thats alright by you.

The main reason why the house is for rent is that my husband got transfer from his place of work to NY, Myself and my family will be away for good 4 years or more, all we require is a responsible and God fearing family whom we will trust and rely on with our property.We would also like to know more about you and your family, your renting experience, how long you wish occupying and when you plan moving into our home.we also require a good and responsible family whom are very neat freaks,below is the address of the house for you to go view it.

Address:4161 Northwest 107th Avenue, Coral Springs FL 33065
BEDROOMS:3
BATHROOMS:2
Size:1732
Monthly Rent:1100
Security Deposit: $900 (Refundable)

Hope you are pleased with the sum of $1100/month with heat laundry facilities, air condition, Etc.the security deposit fee is $900.YOUR PETS ARE FULLY WELCOME! We are looking forward to read from you soon.

Have a wonderful day,
Kim Patterson Lang
Adesh scroll down the page, on the bottom right click on send us feedback, send the info through that link, include address or listing id. Unfortanately it is happening with rentakls on every site i am on as well, as fast as they come down, there is a new one
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com