How do I delete saved homes I an no longer interested in?

Asked by Cobeirn, New Haven, CT Fri Feb 1, 2013

Answers

7
Jeff Johnson, Home Buyer, 57744
Sun Jul 2, 2017
I like this site a lot, but I am in same predicament as a lot of you other users. I will not use this site anymore if I can not get rid of property saves and favorites or delete favorites on my boards. Creates a hassle for me to filter through all of them.

Trulia wants you to stay on their site longer to sell more advertising. You are losing viewers because of this.

Come on Trulia......keep it simple. Add a delete option on our private saved properties.
emilys7, , Carrboro, NC
Sun Sep 1, 2013
I am having the same problem -- the delete link (in red) in the list of homes I have saved (am following) does not work. Definitely used to, so I think this is a bug. I have tried in both Chrome and Firefox. The response provided by Niki below is not referring to the same problem -- saved searches vs. homes I am following. I hope they will fix this bug as my list of houses is getting really long -- many have sold or been taken off the market, and I don't want to keep seeing them in my list!
I don't know if they updated their software since the original post back in 2013, but this is what I have found out :
First, click on your name in the upper right hand corner.
Select "My Boards"
You should see different folders or :boards for the different types of property.
Select the folder in which the home you want to delete is.
When the homes appear, each one will have a small circle with three dots in it in the lower right hand side.
Click the circle.
There should be three options appear: Request info, Manage alerts and delete.
Click delete.
You're d!one
Flag Wed Dec 9, 2015
It's still not working 3/4/2015.
Flag Wed Mar 4, 2015
Carol Lynn T…, Home Buyer, Cornwall, NY
Tue Jan 10, 2017
I found the circle with the 3 dots and was able to delete homes. I found this can only be done by logging into Trulia on my PC. It can't be done using the Trulia app on a mobile phone unless you go through the internet on http://www.trulia.com and sign in.
Alan Rose, Home Buyer, 95014
Thu Aug 22, 2013
Niki, the red Delete link in the Followed Homes list does not work. If you delete a home you're following, it just reappears on refresh. A bug?

thanks.
I am having the same problem. It used to work just fine -- I wish they would fix it!
Flag Sun Sep 1, 2013
Wed Feb 27, 2013
Hi!

Niki from Trulia here. You can manage your saved searches and other notifications by going to the "notification" page in your profile.

Log in to Trulia.com, hover your mouse pointer over your name in the top right corner of the page. The site navigation menu will appear as a drop down menu, click on "Notifications" and look in the Email Alerts section. There will be blue text saying "edit" that is a link to manage your saved searches.

We’re excited you’re using Trulia for all of your real estate needs. Please contact us directly at customerservice@trulia.com if you have any further questions.
As for today, there is no "Notifications"..and there is no visible way to "un-save" the property
Flag Thu Nov 24, 2016
wouldn't it be easier to be a toggle button on the home itself? Its not intuitive to head over to your notifications tab to turn it off.
Flag Tue Sep 20, 2016
Still not working
Flag Thu Feb 25, 2016
Issues like this should be updated to avoid confusion later. I had to google this question and then still poke around to get the answer to this question. Maybe update notifications or removal of outdated threads that are no longer accurate would help.
Flag Wed Dec 9, 2015
nickmarieand…, Home Buyer, Hendersonville, NC
Thu Jun 8, 2017
I have found that I cannot delete individual saved homes on my smart phone. My choice is only to delete a board, which of course then wipes out all of my favorite homes. Strangely, on my iPad, the edit option comes right up. When you then choose a home you wish to delete, you simply touch on the home & swipe to the left. An orange delete block will then appear to the right. Touch on this & the individial home is then deleted, not your entire board. I am sure it is probably the same with any tablet or computer.
Carol Lynn T…, Home Buyer, Cornwall, NY
Tue Jan 10, 2017
I don't get a circle with 3 dots on the individual homes. I can delete an entire board but not an individual saved home within that board. Frustrating because my list is huge now and many of the homes are no longer available.
In the app under Saved houses click on heart on the specific house you want to remove, then click on your board, then click done. It will remove the house.
Flag Fri Mar 24, 2017
I get the 3 dots but they are useless........the home disappears for the moment but when I exit and return to the them at another time, the deleted homes are back!!!....UGH!!!! Really aggrevating!
Flag Tue Feb 28, 2017